This project was forum and dedicated to improve topics and articles related to Cartoon Network. This page and its subpages contain their suggestions; it is hoped that this project will help to focus the efforts of other Wikipedians interested in this field. Generally, we think of it as being the oversight for our specific subject matter and to be the layer between routine editing and the administrative layers of Wikipedia.
If you would like to help, please add your name to the membership list. WikiProject Cartoon Network is focused on improving and expanding the coverage of Cartoon Network, its past, present and future, across Wikipedia, and we would be delighted to welcome you.
For more information on WikiProjects, please see Wikipedia:WikiProjects and Wikipedia:WikiProject best practices.
- The project covers all Cartoon Network related-articles, including the main network in the United States and various other networks internationally, such as their original animated series (including Cartoon Cartoons), productions made by Cartoon Network Studios, the Adult Swim programing block (under the Adult Swim task force), and related media. However, we acknowledge and are grateful for the work of other projects in the field, and will reserve the majority of our attention to that content which does not fall within the scope of other active projects.
- It does not cover off-network shows, anime series and programming outside Cartoon Network (except Powerpuff Girls Z).
- It does not extend to programming which is purchased by Cartoon Network to air but has no involvement from them or to programming made by Warner Bros. Animation.
- It has a strict policy against trivia, "...in popular culture" and otherwise crufty issues, either as sections or whole articles.
- Identify and categorize existing Cartoon Network-related articles on Wikipedia.
- Develop standards for what is required for Cartoon Network-related articles for consistency and best practices.
- Improve the quality of existing Cartoon Network articles, including Adult Swim articles.
- Ensure articles are in line with Wikipedia's minimum standards and policies, including but not limited to: WP:N, WP:NOR, WP:OWN, WP:V and WP:NPOV.
- Identify and develop standardized tables, tags and categorization schemes for articles.
- Identify and create articles that are not yet included in Wikipedia.
- Bring every Cartoon Network-related article up to GA, FA and/or FL status.
- Maintain or improve articles that come under our jurisdiction.
- Reduce trivial information, speculation, and anything else that violates WP:WAF, WP:N, WP:PLOT, WP:V, WP:CRYSTAL, WP:MOSTV, WP:FICT, and WP:TRIV.
- Verify and validate content
- Prevent fancruft
- Create, improve, and maintain Wikipedia's coverage of Cartoon Network articles
- Maintain all Cartoon Network-related articles to at least featured quality standard
- Maintain category lists
- Standardize coverage of Cartoon Network original series and related media