WikiBlame is available on each page by selecting
View History →
Revision history search.
- search the revision history of a wiki article for a plain text string
- search based on simple wiki markup such as links, section headings and templates
- linear search or binary search
- option to specify a start date for the search
- Establish when and by whom vandalism, copyright violations or promotional material was added to an article. This allows users to see whether the problematic editor made other undetected changes at the same time.
- It can also be used for other types of searches. For example, WikiBlame can find out who added a quotation without an inline citation. If the editor is still active, the editor can be asked if he or she remembers where the quote was read, so that an inline citation can be added to the article.
WikiBlame supports Wikipedia and other wikiprojects, including those without a language prefix.
WikiBlame has been translated into a number of European languages including English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Greek, Polish and Portuguese.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wikipedia tools.|