Wikipedia:Peer review/Bugs Bunny/archive1
This peer review discussion has been closed.
I'd really like to work on bringing this article up to Good Article status. A little work has been done already, but any suggestions, ideas, comments, and advice would really be appreciated. Thanks, Cinemaniac (talk • contribs • critique) 01:38, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- A script has been used to generate a semi-automated review of the article for issues relating to grammar and house style; it can be found on the automated peer review page for July 2008.
- Perhaps you could link to the article for Bugs Bunny's actual biography instead of the one for the term "biography", or at least give the name of the biography. It would make the second paragraph in the lead section a lot clearer--seeing that link for biography confused me, as I don't know what Bugs Bunny's biography is. SunDragon34 (talk) 04:48, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
- My apologies; the "biography" in question is Joe Adamson's Bugs Bunny: 50 Years and Only One Grey Hare. I'll give the title of the book and then add the appropriate cite. Thanks for the suggestion. Cinemaniac (talk • contribs • critique) 14:55, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
Who doesn't love Bugs? This is a great article to want to bring to GA, so I definitely applaud your effort. Some ideas/suggestions:
- More citations are definitely needed. The works listed under "Bibliography" are not used as actual sources, so it should be renamed "Further reading". However, it would be fantastic if these works could be used as sources. Is that possible?
- All citations should be formatted correctly as per WP:CITE. Some of the cites are currently missing pertinent information such as author, publisher and access date. See WP:CITET for examples of templates; they aren't mandatory but are very helpful.
- The category "Fictional characters from Brooklyn" does not exist.
- — Done Fixed.
- Remember to keep in mind WP:LEAD, which states that the lead section is supposed to be an overview of the entire article. There are currently several things (Bugs Bunny's accent is a Flatbush accent, for example) that only appear in the lead. This should be fixed.
- "Voice actors" should be converted to prose. I also want to know more about these actors, how they took on a role made famous by Blanc, what critics have to say about their performances, etc.
- "Current popularity" seems trivial in places and should also be converted to prose. How about strengthening the section on Bugs' legacy, but in popular culture as well as in animation and comedy?