|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians.
Welcome to WikiProject Asia. Several Wikipedians have formed this collaboration resource and group dedicated to improving Wikipedia's coverage of Asia and the organization of information and articles on this topic. This page and its subpages contain their suggestions and various resources; it is hoped that this project will help to focus the efforts of other Wikipedians interested in the topic. If you would like to help, please join the project, inquire on the talk page and see the to-do list below.
- 1 Goals
- 2 Scope
- 3 Related WikiProject and subprojects
- 4 Open tasks
- 5 Participants
- 6 Articles
- 7 Review and assessment
- 8 Categories
- 9 Templates
- 10 Resources
The goals of this project are to:
- create, improve, and maintain articles relating to the countries of the Asia, their history, people, geography, and culture. Included are the independent nations of Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, East Timor, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, North Korea, South Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, and Yemen, the disputed states of Abkhazia, Nagorno-Karabakh, Northern Cyprus, Palestine, South Ossetia, and Taiwan, and the dependencies of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, British Indian Ocean Territory, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Hong Kong, and Macau, and the regions of Central Asia, South Asia, Southeast Asia, and Western Asia.
- assist with the Portal:Asia and the various other related portals.
- The scope of this project is the continent of Asia. Articles that fall within the Category:Asia and its subcategories are considered to fall within the scope of this project.
- This project recognizes and appreciates the involvement of more specifically focused WikiProjects and work groups, and will devote the majority of its attention to those articles which fall beyond the scope of any individual group.
However, for those groups and projects which do not have assessment banners, this project may place its banner on related talk pages for assessment purposes.
Related WikiProject and subprojects
There are a remarkable number of WikiProjects related to the continent of Asia. Please see Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory/Geographical/Asia for the full listing.
|To-do list for Wikipedia:WikiProject Asia:|
Please feel free to add yourself here, and to indicate any areas of particular interest.
- SatuSuro I am interested in working on the general tagging of articles and categories in scope, and general housekeeping of a project with such a large field like this - SatuSuro 00:27, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- John Carter Probably at least initially in article review and some finding of sources. Have a lot going on right now, unfortunately, so I don't think I can commit beyond that at least temporarily.
- Canon Law Junkie §§§ Talk 12:21, 11 October 2010 (UTC) General grammar, article writing w/ some research, history of Asia.
- Deepdaz I am interseted in working on various articles regarding India and Indian society.
- jihoonim20 I am interested and experienced in South Korean history and information.
- Captain armenia 19:50, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
- STSC I am interested in working on the whole of Asia in general. STSC (talk) 04:59, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- AgGuy (talk) 03:17, 29 December 2011 (UTC) Fixing up the portal,
- Avo92 I am interested in creating an entry on Child Begging, primarily focusing on its occurrence in Asian countries. 21:56, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
- Mediran I am interested in working on in relation with the Philippines. 00:35, 11 November 2012 (UTC)
- Pratyya Ghosh 04:39, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
- Evildoer187 I am interested in issues facing the Jewish diaspora, Hebrew culture, and Israel in general.
- Ggdlmnt I am interested in working on in relation with the Indonesia especially music and film.
|Asia articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω =1,647||Ω = 4.92|
Former featured articles
Former good articles
Did you know? articles
Main page featured articles
In the News articles
Please feel free to list your new Asia-related articles here (newer articles at the top, please). Any new articles that have an interesting or unusual fact in them, are at least over 1,000 characters, don't have any dispute templates on them, and cite their sources, should be suggested for the Did you know? box on the Wikipedia Main Page.
Review and assessment
Material from the following periodicals is available from subscription databases for the timeperiods indicated. The material is indexed, and may be available, depending on circumstances, in citation, abstract, or full text format. If you wish any such information, please leave me an e-mail and indicate the specific type of information you request, and I will forward the information I find to you. John Carter (talk) 17:52, 6 March 2011 (UTC)
- Arrows for Change (2001-on)
- Asia Africa Intelligence Wire (2000-2005)
- Asia Business News (2008-on)
- Asia Health Guide (2008-on)
- Asia Law (2006-on)
- Asia Monthly Commentary (2005-2006)
- Asia Pulse News (1991-on)
- Asia Today International (2000-on)
- Asia Week (2000-2001)
- Asia Weekly Financial Alert (2001-2002)
- Asian Affairs (1989-on)
- Asian Affairs: An American Review (1997-on)
- Asian Business (Hong Kong) (1993-2000)
- Asian Computer Monthly (1980-1985)
- Asian Corporate News Network (2005-2006)
- Asian Ethnology (2008-on)
- Asian Folklore Studies (1989-2007)
- Asian Oil and Gas (Melbourne) (2007-on)
- Asian Perspectives: The Journal of Archaeology for Asia and the Pacific (1996-on)
- Asian Philosophy (1996-on)
- Asian Review of Business and Technology (1996-1999)
- Asian Survey (1987-on)
- Asian Theatre Journal (2000-on)
- The Asian Wall Street Journal (1991-1992)
- The Asian Wall Street Journal Weekly (1991-2002)
- ATI Online Magazine (2007-on)
- Digital Media Asia (2006-2007)
WikiProject Asia is one of the Asian WikiProjects.