Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Proposals/Chocolate Task Force
Task force of Wikipedia:WikiProject Food and Drink, for all chocolate/cocoa/cacao related articles. there are at most 867 pages, fewer due to double categorized pages. I think its nicely defined, and easy to manage. I would be willing to add the task force tag to all the articles over the next 2 months. Mercurywoodrose (talk) 03:54, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
Identify the subject:
Show the subject is big enough:
- Category:Chocolate is fairly extensive, but not overwhelmingly so. only a few of the sub cats (some candy brands) are not chocolate related
- List of important pages and categories for this proposed group
- (number of pages in the category:66 direct, 867 maximum pages )
- (number of pages in the category: 164 )
- List of WikiProjects currently on the talk pages of those articles
- Please invite these and any other similar groups to join the discussion about this proposal. See Wikipedia:WikiProject_Council/Directory to find similar WikiProjects.
- Why do you want to start a new group, instead of joining one of these existing groups?
- This subject is a well defined subset, deserving of its own focus, esp. considering how passionate people are about chocolate. we have beer, cheese, bacon, wine, spirits: whats left except bread and chocolate? Add to Food and Drink, model it after the Cheeses task force
Also, specify whether or not you would join the project.
- Mercurywoodrose (talk) 03:54, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not sure that we really need this, but if it existed, I would join. I wouldn't be able to be very active, though. WhatamIdoing (talk) 16:55, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
- There's definitely enough to write about, but you'll need to find more people who want to focus on writing the articles –Mabeenot (talk) 00:57, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- chocoholic here, I'll pop in once in a while. -- 184.108.40.206 (talk) 05:56, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support. Undecided about joining at this time if it comes into fruition. Northamerica1000(talk) 18:15, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
This falls under the WikiProject Food and Drink Desserts Task Force. Also, this proposal is a bit stale and lacks any significant participation to justify splitting off this subject. I recommend closing as failed. --Jeremy (blah blah • I did it!) 06:31, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
- I proposed it, and I thoroughly support closing this as failed. I have never attempted a task force before, so this really was just a test run to see how this works. i really wanted the task force, but not if there werent at least dozens willing to work on it with me.Mercurywoodrose (talk) 01:29, 15 October 2013 (UTC)