Some Wikipedians have formed a project to expand and organise information better in articles related to Kosovo. This page contains their suggestions; it is hoped that this project will help to focus the efforts of other Wikipedians. If you would like to help but don't know what to do, inquire on our talk page. If you want to join the project, please add your username to the Participants page.
What is Kosovo Region?
Kosovo (Albanian: Kosova, Kosovë; Serbian: Косово or Косово и Метохија, Kosovo or Kosovo i Metohija) is a disputed region in the Balkans. It is landlocked and is bordered by Central Serbia to the north and east, the Republic of Macedonia to the south, Albania to the west, and Montenegro to the northwest. The area was settled by the Dardani and the Galabri tribes during the antiquity era, whereas it started to be also populated by Slavs around 600. The region was under Turkish rule from 1389 to 1913 and became part of Yugoslavia after World War I. As an autonomous region of Serbia after 1946, Kosovo lost much of its autonomy in 1990, leading to ethnic conflict between Kosovo's Serb and Albanian populations. NATO intervention between 24 March and 10 June 1999, aimed to force Yugoslav president Slobodan Milošević to withdraw his forces from Kosovo, combined with continued skirmishes between Albanian guerrillas and Yugoslav forces resulted in a further massive displacement of population in Kosovo.
After international negotiations between the provisional institutions of government in UN-administered Kosovo and Serbia failed to reach a consensus on a final status for Kosovo, the Assembly of Kosovo, based on the plan formulated by UN Special Envoy Martti Ahtisaari recommending independence supervised by the international community, declared independence from Serbia as the Republic of Kosovo on 17 February 2008. Independence is still not widely accepted.
General information ( )
Things you can do ( )
Red Links ( )
Kosovo article statistics
This list is generated automatically every night around 10 PM EST.
- To standardize Kosovo related articles in Wikipedia.
- To improve Wikipedia coverage of Kosovo related articles by adding, expanding and improving Kosovo related articles.
- To serve as a central point of discussion for issues related to Kosovo related articles.
This WikiProject aims to:
Recent developments log
- We have a conference in Kosovo this September about Wikipedia, wikimedia User:Mdupont/OpenLetterToFreeSoftwareCommunities James Michael DuPont 00:49, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
- Started a project source list to help us find sources. Needs much more work. Rayhou (talk) 22:24, 15 March 2008 (UTC)
- Started work on the public watchlist. -- ChrisO (talk) 22:48, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
- Created to do list. -- ChrisO (talk) 02:05, 8 February 2008 (UTC) This was removed! James Michael DuPont 00:49, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
- Created Wikipedia:WikiProject Kosovo/userbox, for Kosovo-related userboxes --B.C say what ? 11:54, 8 February 2008 (UTC) It has been moved to Template:User_WikiProject_Kosovo James Michael DuPont (talk) 14:04, 18 November 2010 (UTC)
- Help would be appreciated at the Kosovar Portal, thank you --Cradel 22:06, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
Did you know (DYK)s
- Main tool page: toolserver.org
- Reflinks - Edits bare references - adds title/dates etc. to bare references
- Checklinks - Edit and repair external links
- Dab solver - Quickly resolve ambiguous links.
- Peer reviewer - Provides hints and suggestion to improving articles.