Wikipedia:WikiProject LGBT studies/Translation
|Project navigation links|
|Main project page|
|→ Project talk page|
|→ Peer review||talk|
|→ Person task force||talk|
|Infoboxes and templates|
|Sexuality and gender
|Newly tagged articles and
assessment level changes
(Biographies of Living
|New articles with
|Portals we help maintain|
|edit · changes|
Please note, this is an experimental system. Please suggest any improvements on the talkpage.
Many of the members of the LGBT WikiProject can speak more than one language. Many non-English wikis have good LGBT articles that can be used to improve our own coverage on that topic, particularly on people and events of that language. LGBT Translation exists to improve Wikipedia by breaking down our language barriers and preventing wasted efforts on duplicated articles. You may also find other translators at Wikipedia:Translators available.
Please add your name here if you have a good grasp of any language other than English:
- Svetalg (talk · contribs) — native speaker of Russian; fluent in German.
- Jeffpw (talk · contribs) — Fluent in Dutch.
- Gilliam (talk · contribs) — Fluent in German (as a foreign language)
- Dialecticas (talk · contribs) — Verbally fluent in Spanish; throw something my way and I'll work with it!
- Tiger Marc (talk · contribs) — I have basic fluency in German. Dieser Benutzer hat grundlegende Deutschkenntnisse.
- Boyau (talk · contribs) — Native speaker of Polish.
- OwenBlacker (talk · contribs) — Fluent in French
- GLGermann (talk · contribs) — Native speaker of German.
- Raystorm (talk · contribs) — Completely fluent in Spanish, no problem at all translating it and/or searching relevant Spanish references. Basic notions of French and Italian as well.
- Fabienne1 (talk · contribs) — French native speaker
- Antanta (talk · contribs) — Russian native speaker.
- Nield (talk · contribs) — Dutch native speaker
- Burnley (talk · contribs) - Experienced in translating German, French and Spanish
- Bearcat (talk · contribs) - Reasonably fluent in French.
- Alcarcalimo2364 (talk · contribs) - Experienced in translating German, aber ich kann nicht so gut sprechen!
- Carom (talk · contribs) - Experience translating in German, limited knowledge of Spanish
- Intesvensk (talk · contribs) - Swedish
- Garik (talk · contribs) - fluent in Welsh.
- Zigzig20s (talk · contribs) - native speaker of French
- A.Z. (talk · contribs) - Portuguese native speaker.
- Knorpel (talk · contribs) — Native speaker of Spanish and professional translator. I can translate from English, German and Portuguese into Spanish and Galician.
- Kbolino (talk · contribs) - French
- Ponyboy (talk · contribs) - near-native fluency in french. professional fr>en translator.
- Fshepinc (talk · contribs) -Fluent in Spanish (BA, MA, certified interpreter)
- Kyoko (talk · contribs) - resonably fluent in French, some Spanish too
- Pernishus (talk · contribs) - fluent in Russian and Ukrainian
- Ljpmn79 (talk · contribs) - Native Spanish speaker.
- bez_zatej (talk · contribs) - Native Russian, fluent English, good French, Esperanto, can comprehend Roman languages
- Splendor Blender (talk · contribs) - Native Speaker of Finnish
- Sesentaporminuto (talk · contribs) - nearly fluent in Spanish, intermediate knowledge of Japanese
- RachelBartlett (talk · contribs) - Native speaker of German, professional translator
- Cleduc (talk · contribs) - fluent in Spanish, good French.
- Iamandrewrice (talk · contribs) - Almost fluent in French.
- Aleta (talk · contribs) - Fairly fluent in French.
- Icarus of old (talk · contribs) - near-native fluency in German, and some Ndebele
- Cherryleaf (talk · contribs) - Native fluency in German and near-native in Danish.
- MY♥INchile 00:21, 19 August 2008 (UTC) - Native fluency in Spanish and broad knowledge of all the dialects, some French too.
- Keldvi (talk) - Native speaker of Hungarian
- Witlof (talk · contribs) - Native speaker of German, fluent in English, good knowledge of Dutch and French
- Theosony (talk · contribs) - Native speaker of Irish Gaelic, fluent in English
- Opgoth (talk · contribs) - Native speaker of Brazilian Portuguese, fluent in English
- thebt (talk · contribs) - Good understanding of written spanish
- Orionsbelter (talk · contribs) - Good Norwegian, French - Fluent English
- Bxmuchacho (talk · contribs) - Native speaker of English, Caribbean Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese (the joys of a multinational family)
- Mylaterdays (talk · contribs) - Native speaker of Castilian Spanish. Fluent in English, French and Catalan.
- sandbergja (talk · contribs) - Good Russian and Spanish, native English
Articles needing translation
- Fr:Marie-France (chanteuse) - Marie-France
- Fr:Pierre et Gilles - Pierre et Gilles
- Fr:Jean Sablon - Jean Sablon
- Fr:Théophile de Viau - Théophile de Viau
- fr:Prix République du Glamour - Prix République du Glamour
- I've got this one. Madman bum and angel 18:13, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
- Tilburgse Kermis - I would like to make a wiki link for Pink Kermis at List of gay pride events. - Gilliam 12:24, 17 December 2006 (UTC)
- I'll start this tomorrow, Gilliam. I have to leave for work in a few minutes, and won't be home til midnight. However, I should mention that it is not a specific gay carnival. One day of the week long carnival is gay themed. I looked at the article and there is only one sentence about that day (Roze Maandag), and the wiki-link redirects back to the main article. Jeffpw 12:29, 17 December 2006 (UTC)
- Ok, if you think it deserves an article on English Wikipedia, then do so. - Gilliam 13:08, 17 December 2006 (UTC)
- Nl:Willem Arondéus - Willem Arondeus
- Nl:John Blankenstein - John Blankenstein
- Nl:Joop Wijn - Joop Wijn
- I just saw the above three listings--sorry I had overlooked them until now. I will start on them tomorrow. This should make for a fun little project! I should add, however, that the Dutch Wiki does not use references, so I will leave it to the user who added them to find refs..will help if needed, but looking for refs is
so boringnot my strongest suit. Jeffpw 11:02, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
- es:Homosexualidad en España - Homosexuality in Spain -Mine, will use it for jumpaclass contest. :P Will use LGBT rights in Spain. Raystorm (¿Sí?) 17:59, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
- es:Poesía homoerótica andalusí - Arabic homoerotic poetry from Al-Andalus
- es:Poesía homoerótica hispanohebrea - Jewish homoerotic poetry from Al-Andalus
- es:Primer movimiento homosexual - First homosexual movement
- es:Historia de la homosexualidad en Alemania - History of homosexuality in Germany
- es:Estudio de Regnerus - Regnerus study (there is Witherspoon Institute, but no article about the study itself)
- es:Cosme Pérez - Cosme Pérez
- es:Zezé - Zezé (novel)
- es:Un sueño de la razón - Un sueño de la razón
- es:Berkana (librería) - Berkana (bookstore)
- es:Plaza y monolito de la diversidad sexual - Sexual diversity monolith and square
- es:Alberto Mira - Alberto Mira
- es:Movimiento Español de Liberación Homosexual - Movimiento Español de Liberación Homosexual
- es:Theo Anna Sprüngli - Theo Anna Sprüngli
es:Primer matrimonio homosexual de España - First gay marriage in Spain- Finally done, but fairly rough. --Alynna (talk) 23:45, 18 December 2009 (UTC) es:FELGTB - FELGTB- This is done, although it could use looking over by someone fluent in Spanish. --Alynna (talk) 01:14, 15 August 2008 (UTC) es:Homosexualidad en México- Well, after 2 years I finally finished translating this at User:Alynna Kasmira/Homosexuality in Mexico, only to find that someone beat me to it at LGBT in Mexico. Damn. Alynna (talk) 13:32, 10 July 2010 (UTC) es:A Different Light - A Different Light (bookstore) es:British Society for the Study of Sex Psychology - British Society for the Study of Sex Psychology es:Masacre holandesa de sodomitas - Utrecht sodomy trials
I just translated this. User:Ecelan ever so kindly helped me with the references section, and will translate into Spanish. If anyone can think of adding any more info to the article, please do! Cherryleaf (talk) 08:31, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
- tr:Siyah Pembe Üçgen - Black-Pink Triangle Izmir
- tr:ODTÜ-LGBT Dayanışması - METU-LGBT Solidarity
- tr:Ahmet Yıldız cinayeti - Ahmet Yıldız's murder
- tr:İstanbul LGBTT - Istanbul LGBTT
- tr:Pembe Hayat - Pink Life LGBTT Ankara
- tr:Lubunca - Lubunca
- tr:Hormonlu Domates - Hormonlu Domates
- tr:Türk sinemasında LGBT temaları - LGBT in Turkish cinema
When you choose to translate an article, list what you're working on below - this will allow other editors to compare and assist you if they speak that language. You can work on the translation on a user subpage, the article talkpage, or below in a H3 section.
- Blah Dev920 (Have a nice day!) 18:58, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
- Jacob Anton Schorer nield 15:57, 28 January 2007 (UTC)
- Fucking_Åmål Translated the article from Swedish. Working on the lead actress biographies.
Intesvensk 21:05, 26 February 2007 (UTC)