Feel free to add any task to this list. If you remove a task from the template, please replace it with one listed here.
Here are some tasks awaiting attention:
Add drivers to Category:NASCAR drivers, crew chiefs to Category:NASCAR crew chiefs and owners to Category:NASCAR team owners after creating. Other people associated with NASCAR can be placed in the main Category:NASCAR people category.
- L.D. Austin - 169 Career Starts, 3 Top Ten Points Finishes (1957-1959).
- Earl Balmer - 1 Career Win in 1966.
- Earl Brooks - 262 Career Starts
- Bill Champion - 289 Career Starts, 7th in 1971 points.
- Neil Cole - 1 Cup win
- Doug Cooper - 1964 NASCAR Rookie of the Year
- Thomas Cox- 1962 NASCAR Rookie of the Year
- Dean Dalton - 9th in 1972 points, 118 career starts.
- Ray Duhigg- NASCAR Pioneer, 26 Top Ten finishes, 8th in Points in 1952.
- Ray Erickson - 1949 NASCAR Pioneer, finished 7th in points
- Jimmy Florian - 1950, NASCAR pioneer, finished 9th in points, 1 Win, 1 Pole.
- Danny Graves - 1 Career Win in 1957.
- George Green - 116 Career Starts
- Royce Haggerty - 1 Career win and pole in 1956.
- Fred Harb - 144 Career Starts.
- Lewis "Possum" Jones - won in relief of Bob Welborn
- John Kieper - 1 Career Win in 1956.
- Brownie King - Top Tens Points Finish in 1957 (97 Career Starts)
- Danny Letner- 2 Career Wins in 1954 and 1955.
- Chuck Mahoney - 1950, NASCAR pioneer, finished 7th in points.
- Roy Mayne - 139 Career Starts.
- Bill Norton- 1 Career Win in 1951
- Eddie Pagan - 4 Career Wins from 1956-1957 and finished 9th in points in 1958.
- Marvin Porter - 2 Career Wins in 1957 and 1960.
- J. T. Putney - 125 Career Starts, 2 top ten points finishes (1965,1966).
- Leon Sales - 1 Career Win in 1950.
- Wayne Smith - 123 Career Starts.
- Jesse James Taylor - 1951, finished 7th in points
- Donald Thomas- Brother of Herb Thomas; 1 Career (However brother drove car to victory lane), and 9th in points in 1952.
- Tommy Thompson- NASCAR Pioneer 1 Win in 1951
- Frank Warren - 396 Career Starts, 10th in 1970 points, 8th in 1971.
- Art Watts- 1 Career Win in 1957.
- Danny Weinberg- 1 Career Win in 1951.
- Woodie Wilson - 1961 NASCAR Rookie of the Year, however few starts
- Jack White - NASCAR Pioneer; 1 Win in 1949, Inaugural Season.
- Kenny Burks- Nationwide Series veteran
- Eddie Falk- Nationwide Series veteran, top ten points finishes
- Jimmy Lawson (racer)- 113 Nationwide starts, top ten points finishes
- John Linville- 136 Nationwide starts
- Bosco Lowe- 133 Nationwide starts
- Charlie Luck- Over 100 Nationwide starts, many top ten point finishes
- Larry Pollard- Nationwide Series veteran and top 10 points finishes
- John Settlemyre- 1 Nationwide Win
- Bob Shreeves- Top ten Nationwide Series finishes
- Ronnie Silver- 2 Nationwide Wins, Series veteran
- Joe Thurman- Long time Nationwide veteran.
- Billy Nacewicz - Crew chief for Richie Evans' posthumous 1985 NASCAR Modified championships in Tour's first year, and for some of Evans' earlier NASCAR National Modified championships. Owner of carbuilder RE Fabrications in 1980s. Crew chief for race-winning Busch Series efforts more recently.
- Mike Kelley (#6-Nationwide)
- Ricky Viers (#16-Nationwide)
- Matt Puccia (#98-Nationwide)
- Miguel Abaroa - Camping World Truck Starbeast Motorsports owner
- J.D. Stacy - Former NASCAR owner
- Jeff Gluck Media person
- Bob Pockrass Media person
- Wayne Anderson (NASCAR Modified driver) - 1994 NASCAR Modified Tour champion from Long Island; not same person as Wayne Anderson, late model and part-time Cup/Busch/Truck driver from Florida. Disambiguation page will be needed.
- Lenny Boehler - Six-time NASCAR Modified champion car owner (National Modified Champion 1967-69, FMS Champion 1994-96.) One (not independent) reference is http://www.breracing.com/lb-article-oct05.htm .
- Kelley Earnhardt Elledge - sister and manager of Dale Earnhardt Jr., daughter of Dale Earnhardt, estranged step-daughter of Teresa Earnhardt. Key figure behind Dale Jr.'s controversial change of teams in 2007/2008. Also a racer in her own right.
- Tony Hirschman, Jr. - has won 5 WMT championships
- Bugs Stevens - won three consecutive NASCAR National Modified Championships in 1967-69. There's a published reliable source book by Bones Bourcier from Coastal 181 Press. Another source is: Dodge, Herb, "Bugs Stevens", Stock Car Racing (ISSN 0734-7340), Volume 23, Number 2, February 1988.
- Reggie Ruggiero - the "best driver to never win a championship", his 43 victories rank him second to Stefanik since the modern era began in 1985
- New River Valley Speedway - Former NBS track
- All of the tracks here (I ain't checking all of those, sorry)
- Black Cat Racing - Not sure what this team was supposed to be about. Controversies surrounding it may warrant notability for an article though
- Liberty Racing
- Precision Products Racing -- I believe it was related to Leo Jackson's team. This was the black/white #1 Skoal Classic car driven by Rick Mast and others.
- Medford Speed - Former team or sponsor? for J.D. McDuffie and James Hylton.
- All red articles in List of NASCAR seasons
- NOTE: Upon creation of NASCAR season articles, please replace links in articles to season links. (I.E 2005 becomes [[2005 in NASCAR|2005]])
- Chassis Dynamics - noted NASCAR Modified builder
- Troyer Engineering - pioneering NASCAR Modified builder
- The Adventures of Digger and Friends episodes on FOX, characters along with who does the voices and images as well as links.
- NASCAR Racing for Mac(1996)
Articles that need to be copy-edited
- Dale Earnhardt - Needs to be more formal, especially the history section. Needs constant patrol against vandals and overexuberant fans. (To an admin: Protecting this article from anonymous IPs could be a solution)
- Mark Martin - This article is a mess, reads poorly, and needs major expansion, especially about his pre-Roush years.
- Penske Racing -
needs owner box andneeds to be cleaned up.
- J. D. McDuffie really needs a cleaning. A picture would be nice.
Articles that need to be expanded
- Gateway International Raceway I updated this site recently, adding pics and updated info.
- Heartland Park Topeka
- Kentucky SpeedwayThis page was organized and edited by Nascar1996 (talk) 18:29, 15 February 2010 (UTC).
- Langhorne Speedway
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway - Cleanup
- Mansfield Motorsports Speedway
- Martinsville Speedway - Cleanup
- Memphis Motorsports Park
- Michigan International Speedway Cleanup
- Myrtle Beach Speedway
- Pikes Peak International Raceway
- Texas Motor Speedway - Cleanup
- Arnold Motorsports
- Ash Racing
- BAM Racing
- Bang! Racing
- Billy Ballew Motorsports
- CJM Racing
- Competitive Edge Motorsports
- David Blair Motorsports
- Eel River Racing
- Furniture Row Racing
- Green Light Racing
- Hall of Fame Racing
- Kevin Harvick Incorporated
- Key Motorsports
- McGlynn Racing
- Melling Racing
- Midwest Transit Racing
- Petty Enterprises
- Raabe Racing Enterprises
- Red Horse Racing
- Rusty Wallace, Inc.
- Sacks Motorsports
- Wyler Racing
- 2006 in NASCAR
- 3: The Dale Earnhardt Story
- Daytona USA (museum)
- Driver development program
- Drive for Diversity
- NASCAR Nation
- NBS 24/7
- Road Course Ringers
- All articles at Category:NASCAR stubs
Articles that need to be updated
- 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
- 2015 NASCAR Nationwide Series
- 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- NASCAR Rookie of the Year
- List of NASCAR drivers
Articles that need images
A good source is on www.flickr.com's creative commons section (attribution and attribution-ShareAlike sections) :
- Rich Bickle
- Brett Bodine
- Chris Economaki
- Richie Evans
- Bobby Hillin, Jr.
- Dutch Hoag
- Frank Kimmel
- Donny Lia
- Langhorne Speedway
- Greg Sacks
- South Boston Speedway
Portal:NASCAR is a place where we can exhibit our best articles and most interesting free images. Any article which is FA, GA, High or Top importance can be added for display as a Selected article or as a Selected biography, free images can be added to be displayed as Selected pictures. All of these are chosen randomly for display on each page view to avoid both bias and having to manually update the page monthly. If you've created or seen an article or image that you feel would be a good addition to the portal, follow the instructions on the pages linked above. Please nominate it on the talk pages.