Wikipedia:WikiProject Philosophy/Star of Sophia
The Star of Sophia is awarded by the WikiProject Philosophy community to editors who make an outstanding contribution to philosophy on the Wikipedia.
Unlike Barnstars, the Star of Sophia is not presented by individuals, but by acclamation.
Star of Sophia recipients
In special recognition by their fellow participants, for exemplary contributions to the presentation of philosophy on Wikipedia which go above and beyond all expectations, the following extraordinary Wikipedians have been presented the Philosophy WikiProject's highest award, the Star of Sophia:
- Charles Stewart - for general and widespread contributions to philosophy on Wikipedia. 06:41, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- Kenosis - for the major overhaul of several important philosophy articles. 06:41, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- Gregbard - for work on Wikiproject Logic.
- Anarchia - for her outstanding diligence in systematizing philosophy articles through categories and ratings.
- Dbuckner - for doing the hard part of wikiphilosophy, writing from scratch.
- Mel Etitis - For whatever he's done such that we see his name everywhere.
- Infinity0 - for championing and maintaining the Template:Philosophy topics
- Banno - for taking on the impossible task of trying to administer a Web encyclopedia which is defined by almost-complete-disorder, constant quarreling, edit wars, and other irresponsible madness.
- Lacatosias - for greatly improving the philosophy of mind articles and his tireless efforts to improve the quality of Philosophy on Wikipedia. 
- Sethmahoney - for championing the idea of a graphics category for philosophy.
You may nominate, or vote upon the nomination of other participants of this project whom you feel have contributed in an extraordinary way to the improvement of Wikipedia's philosophy "department."
Only participants in WikiProject Philosophy are eligible to vote (ie, those who are listed on the Philosophy WikiProject Participants Roster).
Nominations may be placed in the list below. Those who receive three votes receive the award, and will have the star placed on their user page, and their names recorded for eternity in the Philosophy WikiProject Hall of Fame. No self-nominations nor self-votes please.
Nominees for the Star of Sophia, followed by their nominators and nominations:
- The Transhumanist 06:56, 5 January 2008 (UTC) - for virtually completing the Glossary of philosophical isms. It's taken over 2 years for it to get this far. Sharkface, thank you for filling in so many blanks!
- KSchutte 16:54, 9 February 2006 (UTC) - for whatever he's done such that I see his name everywhere.
- Greg Bard -- Nominated for taking on the thankless, menial, routine maintenance tasks in the philosophy department.
- Greg Bard -- Nominated for being the most active, substantial, and organized task force in WikiProject Philosophy.
- Greg Bard 23:46, 21 March 2010 (UTC) -- Nominated for substantial contributions to Philosophy articles including adding and verifying references, and maintaining and organizing material.
- Greg Bard 23:49, 21 March 2010 (UTC) -- Long overdue nomination for substantial contributions in the Philosophy department.
- Greg Bard 23:52, 21 March 2010 (UTC) -- Long overdue nomination for substantial contributions in the Philosophy department.