Anyone can participate in this WikiProject! Please feel free to add yourself here, and to indicate any areas of particular interest. You may wish to add one of our userboxes to your profile as well.
- TimNelson (talk · contribs) -- (Anglo-Celtic) Electric Folk music
- Ogg (talk · contribs) -- Traditional song and instrumental
- Bluewave (talk · contribs) -- Folk music of Britain (and some of the musical developments it has inspired)
- DGG (talk) 07:29, 4 August 2007 (UTC) traditional folk, but not as an expert, rather a side interest from folklore & history more generally.
- Kmzundel 10:41, 13 August 2007 (UTC) Mostly American contemporary (singer-songwriter) folk.
- Pishogue (talk · contribs) -- dabbler in British traditional, some American
- Dannygutters (talk · contribs) -- Interested in American Folk and Blues artists, with a particular interest in the chicago area
- Pustelnik (talk · contribs)--US and Canadian folklore, some singer-songwriter
- Teambb1 (talk · contribs) British (mainly English) traditional songs and performers
- Darrell Wheeler (talk · contribs) Guitarist and luthier with a strong interest in traditional country blues and folk.
- ChaoticReality (talk · contribs) -- UK based folk fan and musician.
- JanderVK (talk · contribs) -- Traditional European Folk, Neofolk, Neo-Medieval music, and Folk Metal.
- Sabrebd (talk · contribs) -- Enthusiast and musician/songwriter - Blues music, American and British Folk and Folk Rock
- Leahtwosaints (talk · contribs) --Raised on Guthrie/Leadbelly stuff. Focus: Derek Trucks, Gov't Mule, The Allman Brothers Band and Rory Gallagher, (how do people miss him?) Also some Dixie Chicks, Fairport Convention, Dave Matthews Band, Willie Dixon's huge songwriting list, and specifically, Blues rock's roots, esp. slide guitarists. I'm on the article cleanup group and provide photos for musician's biographies if asked.
- Omarcheeseboro (talk · contribs) -- Appalachian Folk, John Cohen in the mountains type stuff. See my userpage for relevant articles I created.
- BillyJack193 (talk) 18:12, 9 April 2009 (UTC) protest songs
- Redrose64 (talk) 14:00, 17 August 2009 (UTC) Fairport, Steeleye and associated. That includes acoustic acts like Carthy/Swarbrick.
- I.M.S. (talk) 20:59, 9 September 2009 (UTC) I'm interested in the backwaters of folk and bluegrass, artists such as Tommy Jarrell, Dock Boggs and Roscoe Holcomb.
- DrFree (talk) 22:35, 1 September 2010 (UTC) I'm interested in making scores, lyrics and midi files for traditional music readily accessible and useable for amateur musicians.
- BootleggerWill (talk · contribs) -- I'm interested in country blues musicians such as Blind Willie McTell and Mississippi John Hurt, adding infoboxes and pictures to articles, wikifying articles, and transcribing traditional lyrics.
- GeoBardRap 03:03, 18 July 2011 (UTC) Fiddle.
- North8000 (talk) 11:51, 20 May 2011 (UTC) Interested in most folk music and folk music topics. Working on sorting out Folk/Roots/Traditional Music articles
- Sensei48 (talk · contribs) -- Interested in pop-folk groups of the 1950s and 60s; Irish folk music; individual songs and ballads; folk revivals in the U.S.; revival-era performers of all stripes.
- Empirecontact (talk · contribs) -- musical act pages; gathering related images; learning what's needed to make a GA.
- Theologiae (talk · contribs) -- I adore Celtic music, indie folk, folktronica, blues and Italian singer-songwriter folk; I also listen to a lot of Tom Waits, Italian folk rock musicians and enjoy Simon & Garfunkel, amongst others.
- Anne Delong (talk · contribs) -- I am an amateur fiddler and mandolinist. I hope to start a Wikiproject about bluegrass music, and I've started a topic page at User:Anne Delong/Bluegrass Topics. I am also a member of a mandolin orchestra and a regular participant in Celtic fiddle jams.
- Hillbillyholiday talk Howdy! - I am currently working on creating new mento and calypso artists and related articles. Recent DYK for the excellent Lord Flea. Created Count Lasher and Lord Messam. Others in progress.
Feel free to add your new Roots music-related articles here (newer articles at the top, please) or help out with items that appear here. When they have passed GA or FA review, move them from these sections. If you need assistance on your new article also add it to the to do list.
- Troubadour Club - adopted existing stub and have begun major expansion - Simon Latham (talk) 22:33, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Dark Holler: Old Love Songs and Ballads - created my third article on a John Cohen produced album --Omarcheeseboro (talk) 01:39, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
- English folk music given a major expansion along with cleaning up many of the related summarised articles. --Sabrebd (talk) 21:01, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Medieval folk rock created to deal with problems of old medieval rock page--Sabrebd (talk) 21:01, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- The Cuckoo (song) - Very well known traditional song covered by so many - having a difficult time improving refs. Created as stub. Thanks! --Omarcheeseboro (talk) 18:30, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
- Celtic rock - a major expansion of a stub with evidence and several sub-sections --Sabrebd (talk) 00:04, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Fairport Convention - Rewritten with NPOV and references, some thinner sections expanded --Sabrebd (talk) 18:49, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
- Ashley Hutchings - have expanded and updated this article and supplied some references --Sabrebd (talk) 16:14, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- The Albion Country Band - have expanded this stub, corrected some issues of links and tried to provide a full discography of the most confusing folk band ever. --Sabrebd (talk) 00:28, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Julie Matthews - this deleted biography restored with detail, evidence of signifance and references --Sabrebd (talk) 01:24, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
- Daphne's Flight - this stub now expanded, sourced and clarified --Sabrebd (talk) 14:49, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
- Chris While - this stub now expanded to a full article --Sabrebd (talk) 01:06, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- Folk music of Ireland - Nice new articles created by member Ogg
- Fleming Brown - Chicago Banjoist active in the 1950s
- African American music -needs help, and I am unable to assist with it. --Leahtwosaints (talk) 07:07, 29 November 2009 (UTC)
- The Ballad of Casey Jones
- Roud Folk Song Index
- Vlastimir Pavlovic Carevac - Serbian traditional musician, conductor, composer. Needs some serious research. --Thezeus18 (talk) 01:15, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
| Good articles
The following articles have been deemed Good Articles, which places them two tiers below Featured Articles.
- The assessment department focuses on determining and tracking the quality of Wikipedia's Roots music articles; the resulting statistics are used to aid in recognizing excellent contributions and identifying topics in need of further work.
- The outreach department acts as a central location for various member outreach work, including project newsletters, recruitment and welcoming banners, and other related initiatives.
- The review department conducts both informal peer reviews of articles, as well as formal reviews for A-Class status; it also provides a centralized forum for viewing external reviews (such as featured article candidacies) within the project's scope. It will exist when the Collaboration process demands it. The link WP:PR may be useful.
- The translation department serves to enhance Wikipedia's Roots music content by translating material from or to non-English articles and sources for use within the project. To coordinate this, it includes a staff of volunteer translators for various languages.
- The department typically works on translating featured articles from or to other-language Wikipedias; project members may request assistance with other material on the department page, or directly from one of the listed translators. This department will exist when someone wants to create it.
- Main tool page: toolserver.org
- Reflinks - Edits bare references - adds title/dates etc. to bare references
- Checklinks - Edit and repair external links
- Dab solver - Quickly resolve ambiguous links.
- Peer reviewer - Provides hints and suggestion to improving articles.