|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians.
|Main Project Page Talk|
|Things you can do|
|Information and sources|
Welcome to WikiProject Ships on the English Wikipedia! We are a group dedicated to improving Wikipedia's coverage of topics related to ships of all types and eras. The project scope spans both naval and civilian ships, and articles on individual ships, ship classes, and other ship related topics are welcome.
WikiProject Ships is a group with a common interest in ships of all types and an international collection of participants. If you would like to join us, please feel free to sign up and help with ship articles. And don't worry – we get along more like an America's Cup match than the Monitor and Merrimack (left). The project was featured in the 28 June 2010 issue of The Signpost.
To improve ship-related content throughout Wikipedia, the project uses Assessment and Review processes. Ship-related content is tagged by including the Project Banner on each article's discussion page.
These articles within the project scope have attained featured article (FA) status, and serve as examples of the quality of writing we aim to produce.
- AHS Centaur
- Alaska class cruiser
- Almirante Latorre-class battleship
- Amagi class battlecruiser – Main Page on 9 December 2009.
- Anthony Roll
- ARA Moreno
- ARA Rivadavia
- Armament of the Iowa class battleship
- BAE Systems – Main Page on 29 April 2008.
- Baltimore Steam Packet Company
- Battleship – Main Page on 14 October 2007.
- Bayern class battleship
- Brazilian battleship Minas Geraes – Main Page on 5 January 2010.
- Brazilian cruiser Bahia – Main Page on 21 May 2010.
- Byzantine navy – Main Page on 1 October 2009.
- Chilean battleship Almirante Latorre
- Courageous class battlecruiser
- Derfflinger class battlecruiser
- Design 1047 battlecruiser
- Dutch 1913 battleship proposal
- Ehime Maru and USS Greeneville collision – Main Page on 11 December 2007.
- Helgoland class battleship – Main Page on 25 October 2009.
- HMAS Australia (1911)
- HMAS Melbourne (R21) – Main Page on 10 February 2010.
- HMS Ark Royal (91) - Main Page on 13 April 2011.
- HMS Cardiff (D108) – Main Page on 20 June 2008.
- HMS Calliope (1884)
- HMS Courageous (50)
- HMS Eagle (1918)
- HMS Endeavour
- HMS Hood (51)
- HMS Indefatigable (1909) Main Page on 24 February 2011
- HMS Lion (1910)
- HMS New Zealand (1911)
- HMS Princess Royal (1911)
- HMS Royal Oak (08)
- HMS Speedy (1782)
- HMS Temeraire (1798)
- Indiana class battleship
- Ironclad warship – Main Page on 12 April 2009.
- Japanese aircraft carrier Hōshō
- Japanese aircraft carrier Kaga
- Japanese battleship Haruna
- Japanese battleship Musashi
- Japanese battleship Tosa
- Japanese battleship Yamato
- Kaiser class battleship
- König class battleship
- Mary Rose – Main Page on 19 July 2010.
- Minas Geraes class battleship
- Moltke class battlecruiser
- Montana class battleship
- MV New Carissa – Main Page on 31 March 2007.
- Nassau class battleship
- North Carolina class battleship
- Operation Teardrop
- Pre-dreadnought battleship – Main Page on 6 March 2008.
- Rivadavia class battleship
- Russian battleship Sevastopol (1895)
- Russian battleship Slava
- SM U-66
- SMS Baden (1915)
- SMS Bayern (1915)
- SMS Blücher
- SMS Derfflinger
- SMS Erzherzog Franz Ferdinand - Main Page on 22 December 2010.
- SMS Goeben
- SMS Helgoland
- SMS Hindenburg
- SMS König
- SMS Kronprinz (1914)
- SMS Lützow
- SMS Markgraf
- SMS Moltke (1910) – Main Page on 7 April 2010.
- SMS Rheinland
- SMS Seydlitz
- SMS Von der Tann – Main page on 31 May 2009.
- SMS Westfalen
- Sovetsky Soyuz class battleship
- SS Christopher Columbus – Main Page on 23 July 2008.
- SS Dakotan - Main Page on 20 November 2010
- SS Kroonland
- SS Mauna Loa
- SS Minnesotan
- SS Montanan
- SS Ohioan (1914) – Main Page on 24 January 2009.
- SS Pennsylvanian
- SS Washingtonian
- USS Congress (1799)
- USS Connecticut (BB-18) – Main Page on 22 February 2009.
- USS Constitution
- USS Illinois (BB-65)
- USS Indiana (BB-1)
- USS Iowa (BB-61)
- USS Iowa turret explosion
- USS Kentucky (BB-66)
- USS Massachusetts (BB-2)
- USS Missouri (BB-63) – Main Page on 2 September 2005.
- USS Nevada (BB-36) – Main Page on 7 December 2008.
- USS New Jersey (BB-62) – Main Page on 15 October 2008.
- USS Orizaba (ID-1536)
- USS President (1800)
- USS Princess Matoika (ID-2290)
- USS Siboney (ID-2999)
- USS Wisconsin (BB-64) – Main Page on 9 June 2006.
- USS West Bridge (ID-2888)
- Vasa (ship) – Main Page on 24 April 2008.
- Voyage of the James Caird
- Voyage of the Karluk
- Yamato class battleship
These lists within the project scope have attained featured list (FL) status, and serve as examples of the quality of writing we aim to produce.
- List of battlecruisers
- List of armored cruisers of Germany
- List of battlecruisers of Germany
- List of battlecruisers of Japan
- List of battlecruisers of Russia
- List of battlecruisers of the Royal Navy
- List of battlecruisers of the United States
- List of battleships of Austria-Hungary
- List of battleships of Germany
- List of battleships of Italy
- List of battleships of the Ottoman Empire
- List of breastwork monitors of the Royal Navy
- List of ironclad warships of Germany
- List of heavy cruisers of Germany
- List of sunken battlecruisers
"Did you know?" articles
We have had more than 800 articles featured on Wikipedia's main page in the "Did you know?" section.