|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians.
This WikiProject aims to organize, improve the quality, and provide accurate information in an established, community-driven, Wikipedia standard for Vancouver, Metro Vancouver, and Vancouver-related articles. The importance of these articles for new users, research, education, and the pursuit of accumulated knowledge will be accomplished through our efforts in providing a consistent format and standard to our articles. This page and its subpages contain their suggestions; it is hoped that this project will help to focus the efforts of other Wikipedians. If you would like to participate, please follow the instruction on the Member's Page.
Scope and motivation 
This project covers articles relating to Metro Vancouver, such as (but not restricted to), Anmore, Barnston Island, Belcarra, Bowen Island, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Delta, the City and Township of Langley, Lions Bay, Maple Ridge, New Westminster, the City and District of North Vancouver, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, University Endowment Lands, West Vancouver and White Rock.
- Vancouver is the largest city in British Columbia, Canada.
- Vancouver is Canada's third-largest metropolitan centre.
- Vancouver was the host city for the 2010 Winter Olympics and 2010 Winter Paralympics.
- Vancouver hosted the World's Fair in 1986: Expo 86
- Vancouver has been consistently ranked among the top five "World's Most Livable Cities".
- Vancouver is North America's largest television production centre and third-largest film production centre.
- Vancouver is North America's fourth largest port.
- Vancouver is the 4th largest cruise ship terminus in the world.
- Vancouver contains both the wealthiest and most impoverished neighbourhoods in Canada.
Five Point Plan 
Redesign and reevaluation recommended. Please see the talk page.
Other things you can do! 
|You have been invited to participate in Operation Schadenfreude to restore the article Vancouver back to featured article status.|
Naming conventions 
Collaboration of the month 
Peer review 
- Suggest a new Did you know...
- Suggest a new Quote
- Write a one line Vancouver News story.
- Write a requested article.
- Write us Feedback.
|Article||Date of promotion||Main Page featured article|
|Vancouver||November 22, 2006||February 8, 2007|
|Portal:Vancouver||January 7, 2007|
|SkyTrain (Vancouver)||June 19, 2007||April 23, 2009|
|Joe Sakic||December 3, 2007||—|
|Trevor Linden||May 22, 2008||—|
|List of Vancouver Canucks players||May 25, 2008||—|
|List of Vancouver Canucks head coaches||July 26, 2008||—|
|List of Vancouver SkyTrain stations||October 25, 2008||—|
Article alerts 
- Articles for deletion
- 22 Apr 2013 – Ma Boli International Punjabi Film Festival , Vancouver AfDed by Vigyani (t · c) was deleted; see discussion (7 participants; relisted)
- Requested moves
- 29 Mar 2013 – Langley, British Columbia (city) move request by Neelix (t · c) was closed; see discussion
Related WikiProjects 
Other city WikiProjects:
- WikiProject London
- WikiProject Canberra
- WikiProject Chicago
- WikiProject Melbourne
- WikiProject Seattle
- WikiProject Sydney
- WikiProject Adelaide
The Canadian Content Award
This is for outstanding contributions to Canadian related pages on Wikipedia. Evrik 13:31, 24 March 2006 (UTC)
The Silver Maple Leaf Award
Award for editors that contribute to Canada related projects and topics.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Vancouver|
- City of Vancouver
- Vancouver 2010
- Government of B.C.
- Vancouversun Online
- Tourism Vancouver
- Vancouver Wikipedia Meetup
- Rec-centre.com Vancouver Recreation
- Main tool page: toolserver.org
- Reflinks - Edits bare references - adds title/dates etc. to bare references
- Checklinks - Edit and repair external links
- Dab solver - Quickly resolve ambiguous links.
- Peer reviewer - Provides hints and suggestion to improving articles.
External watchlist