Wikipedia:WikiProject Writing Captions
How do you read an article? Start to finish without skipping, or do you survey the article before delving in deeper? Captions, together with their images, help the reader survey the article and lead the reader into the article. This project aims to improve captions in Wikipedia articles with pictures, in accordance with Wikipedia:Captions.
This project aims to improve articles by writing good captions for images accompanying articles. Guidance can be found at Wikipedia:Captions.
- Che Fox
- P. B. Mann
Before and After
This project reviews and improves captions, below are some examples of improvements to pages through improved captions, following listing on this page.
- Bryce Canyon National Park (before), following review -> Bryce Canyon National Park
- Humpback Whale (before), following review -> Humpback Whale
To keep Wikipedia looking its best, feel free to check on articles referenced from these pages, visible from the main page:
- Wikipedia:Tomorrow's featured article
- Template:Did you know
- Template:In the news
- Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/November 23
- Wikipedia:Picture tutorial
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Illustration