Wikipedia:WikiReader/A History of the 20th Century
- A History of the 20th Century
- A Modern World History
- A Complete History of the Modern World
Contributors and Volunteers
--Mark Lewis 20:12, 5 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Check the quality of the articles and ensure that they are strictly NPOV and coherent
- Extend/crop the contents to ensure a balanced, fair and manageable size. We could easily use 1000 articles, but that would be unwieldy and useless. A couple of hundred could be taken as an absolute maximum cutoff.
- Link up with similar Wikiprojects/Wikibooks. Together we stand.
- Try to avoid systemic bias since this should be a world history, and all history books that I have encountered have always had a Western bias.
- More content about africa, oceania and latin America needs to be added. Decolonization might be a good start.
Currently very partial. Contribute, you know you want to!
Another good domestic source includes Wikibooks.
Series to include parts or all of:
Have a look at August Ludwig von Schlözer.
Article count: 135 if I can count.
List in progress
- The following is from the outline.
- World War I 1914 – 1918 (6)
- Russian Revolution (7)
- Interwar Years (9)
- World War II (21)
- Causes of World War II
- European Theatre of World War II
- Pacific War
- North African Campaign
- The Holocaust
- Immediate Consequences
- Post WWII (12)
- India, Pakistan and Kashmir
- Israel and Palestine
- Cold War / The Nuclear Period (12)
- Space Race 1957-75 (5)
- The Information Age (8)
Recent History (5)
- History of the Soviet Union (5)
- China (5)
- Civil rights (4 + 3)
- European Union (10, not sure what to put where and what to trim)
- League of Nations
- United Nations
- Warsaw Pact
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
- European Union
- Commonwealth of Nations
- Manhattan Project (included in History of Nuclear Weapons)
PDF Design Issues
- References/External Links - where should they go? At the end of each article or the entire book? I favour at the end of the book to make the contents more fluid Mark Lewis 20:55, 16 September 2005 (UTC)
- Comments on current design, colour scheme, etc?