Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2008-02-18/News and notes
News and notes
The Arbitration Committee desysopped Archtransit on Tuesday, February 19, after concerns about the user's administrative actions led to a checkuser, the results of which showed that Archtransit likely controlled many sockpuppets, some of which he had blocked and unblocked previously (possibly to remove the "autoblock" setting that might have revealed his sockpuppet network). A discussion regarding the situation is underway at the administrators' noticeboard.
- The military history WikiProject is holding its fifth coordinator election, with lead coordinator Kirill Lokshin not seeking re-election. Fifteen users are seeking nine co-coordinator spots; it is likely that one of the nine elected will hold a lead coordinator position.
- The English Wikisource has reached 100,000 pages (excluding sub-pages, chapters of various works, etc., GrafZahl has estimated that there are about 24,000 independent works).
- The English Wikipedia has reached 2,222,222 articles, and 200,000,000 edits.
- The Wu Wikipedia has reached 2,000 articles.
- The Ukrainian Wikipedia has reached 10,000 users.
- The Haitian Wikipedia has reached 10,000 articles.
- The Icelandic Wikipedia has reached 20,000 articles.
- The Norwegian Nynorsk Wikipedia has reached 30,000 articles.
- The Portuguese Wikibooks has reached 15,000 total pages.
|Also this week:
|(← Previous News and notes)||Signpost archives||(Next News and notes→)|