Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2008-03-17/Technology report
Bugs, Repairs, and Internal Operational News
This is a summary of recent technology and site configuration changes that affect the English Wikipedia. Note that not all changes described here are necessarily live as of press time; the English Wikipedia is currently running version 1.24wmf17 (7e6b076), and changes to the software with a version number higher than that will not yet be active. Configuration changes and changes to interface messages, however, become active immediately.
- Two bugs were fixed in the Cortado player (one of the options that can be used to play back audio and video files):
- Special:MovePage now again repeats the current title as the default destination; this behaviour was broken by mistake. (r31911, bug 13343)
- Redirect pages now work properly if they start with stray whitespace. (r31922, bug 13344)
- Links to sections now work correctly in Internet Explorer if there are two sections on the same page with names that are almost the same but have different capitalisations. (r31931, bug 10721)
- YAML output from the API now escapes strings properly. (r31927, bug 12120)
- Special:Allpages can now handle the " character in page names. (r31984, bug 13359)
- The incorrect markup
#REDIRECT [[target](with a missing trailing ]) is now handled more sensibly. (r31996, bug 2084)
- Redirects are now not listed on Special:UnusedTemplates. (r31841, bug 8157)
- All special pages have now been standardised to use CamelCase names; however, they are case-insensitive, and so using the old names will continue to work. (r31844, bug 11986)
- Internationalisation has been continuing as normal; help is always appreciated! See mw:Localisation statistics for how complete the translations of languages you know are, and post any updates to bugzilla or use Betawiki.
|Also this week:
|(← Previous Technology report)||Signpost archives||(Next Technology report→)|