Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2008-04-21/Technology report
Bugs, Repairs, and Internal Operational News
This is a summary of recent technology and site configuration changes that affect the English Wikipedia. Note that not all changes described here are necessarily live as of press time; the English Wikipedia is currently running version 1.24wmf14 (98c0e33), and changes to the software with a version number higher than that will not yet be active. Configuration changes and changes to interface messages, however, become active immediately.
- Editing a section no longer strips leading whitespace from the start introduction section. (r33314, bug 13728)
- Some features of the redirect system were accidentally broken, and then fixed again:
- "Add pages I create to my watchlist" now also watches uploaded images. (r33387, bug 13725)
- Transclusions of Special:Newpages no longer incorrectly show a drop-down box. (r33389, bug 13756)
- Special:Whatlinkshere now pages properly when filtered to show only a certain type of backlink. (r33607, bug 12793)
- The api's list=search no longer incorrectly returns deleted pages. (r33608, bug 13792)
- Special:SpecialPages now shows special pages sorted into groups. (r33197, bug 10457)
- The api can now query for protection against creation (a 'protected title') as well as the other sorts of protection. (r33473, bug 13768)
- Related Changes has a new option to show recent changes on pages that link to the specified page. (r33235)
- Internationalisation has been continuing as normal; help is always appreciated! See mw:Localisation statistics for how complete the translations of languages you know are, and post any updates to bugzilla or use Betawiki.
|Also this week:
|(← Previous Technology report)||Signpost archives||(Next Technology report→)|