Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2008-05-26/Technology report
Bugs, Repairs, and Internal Operational News
This is a summary of recent technology and site configuration changes that affect the English Wikipedia. Note that not all changes described here are necessarily live as of press time; the English Wikipedia is currently running version 1.23wmf5 (aaf175d), and changes to the software with a version number higher than that will not yet be active. Configuration changes and changes to interface messages, however, become active immediately.
- Attempting to delete a redirect to an image no longer deletes the image instead. (r35113, bug 14199)
- The new-messages bar is no longer triggered by the deletion of a user's talk page. (r35133, bug 14077)
- When the preference which determines the maximum number of changes to show in the watchlist is left blank, it now uses a sensible default rather than 0. (r35134, bug 14100)
- A URL-encoded link in an edit summary now links to the correct target. (r35197, bug 14140)
- When a bureaucrat renames themself, the page-moves that move the pages in their userspace to their new username are now attributed to their new username, rather than their old username. (r35211, bug 14219)
- Special:Categories now has an option to start at a particular point in the category listing, in much the same way as Special:Allpages. (r35065, bug 13095)
- It is now possible to move all the subpages of a page at the same time as the page itself. (r33565, bug 9626)
- Opting-in to Single User Login will become possible for all users (not just administrators) from Tuesday (see related story). (bug 57)
- Internationalisation has been continuing as normal; help is always appreciated! See mw:Localisation statistics for how complete the translations of languages you know are, and post any updates to bugzilla or use Betawiki.
|Also this week:
|(← Previous Technology report)||Signpost archives||(Next Technology report→)|