Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2008-06-26/Technology report
Bugs, Repairs, and Internal Operational News
This is a summary of recent technology and site configuration changes that affect the English Wikipedia. Note that not all changes described here are necessarily live as of press time; the English Wikipedia is currently running version 1.25wmf18 (7469d0a), and changes to the software with a version number higher than that will not yet be active. Configuration changes and changes to interface messages, however, become active immediately.
- The "Number of edits to show in recent change, history, and log pages" preference now has a description that reflects what it actually does. (r36364, bug 14566)
- On the list of pages using an image shown at the bottom of an image page, redirects to images now link to the redirect rather than back to the target image via the redirect. (r36391, bug 14572)
- Videos whose .OGG extension was written in uppercase now thumbnail correctly. (bug 14524)
- The HTML for the edit form was cleaned up, to reduce strangeness caused when it interacted with custom styles. (r36515, bug 14515)
- The list=blocks API query now accepts a bkip= parameter, which causes all blocks which block the IP given, or all IPs in the given range, to be returned, including rangeblocks which contain the IP or range given. (r36452, bug 14405)
- It is now possible to set caching settings for some API results, using maxage= and smaxage= parameters. (bug 14402)
- Internationalisation has been continuing as normal; help is always appreciated! See mw:Localisation statistics for how complete the translations of languages you know are, and post any updates to bugzilla or use Betawiki.
|Also this week:
|(← Previous Technology report)||Signpost archives||(Next Technology report→)|