Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2013-07-31/Discussion report
This is mostly a list of Non-article page requests for comment believed to be active on 31 July 2013 linked from subpages of Wikipedia:RfC, and recent watchlist notices and SiteNotices. The latter two are in bold. Items that are new to this report are in italics even if they are not new discussions. If an item can be listed under more than one category it is usually listed once only in this report. Clarifications and corrections are appreciated; please leave them in this article's comment box at the bottom of the page.
Style and naming
- Manual of Style/Biographies: "Should templates in Category:Royal and noble family templates use the article titles or the honorifics?"
- University of Dar es Salaam's acronym, and "format" data in the citation template
- "Should past events in Day of the Year articles be written in past tense or present?"
Policies and guidelines
- VisualEditor default state
- Article titles; expert and layperson terms
- Closing discussions; what does "consensus of the community" mean?
- Wikipedia talk:Naming conventions (U.S. state and territory highways); common names, highway titles, and article titles
- Discussion at article talk for "Luigi di Bella": "Is the policy "for persons which are not authors, musicians, & artists, only notable works that are heavily referenced by peers should be listed" a requirement?"
- Should thinkprogress.org be accepted as a reliable WP:NEWSBLOG?
- Crystal Lake Recreation Area section reworking to eliminate advertising
- Partially disambiguated page names
- Protection policy and persistent sockpuppets
- Include or exclude the name of the victim in the article "2012 Delhi gang rape case"?
- New users and Articles for creation
- Indic naming conventions
- Vietnamese naming conventions
WikiProjects and collaborations
- Should newly promoted GAs be allowed to be DYKs?
- WikiProject Eurovision; Eurovision Song Contest
- Mark the Article Incubator as historical or inactive?
- Featured article process governance
Technical issues and templates
- All proposal RfCs are duplicated in other sections of this report
English Wikipedia notable requests for permissions
(This section will include active RfAs, RfBs, CU/OS appointment requests, and Arbcom elections)
- None active as of the time of this writing
- Wikivoyage logo voting round 1, deadline 1 August 2013
- Start WeRelate as a new Wikimedia project?
- Start WikiNames as a new Wikimedia project?
- Adopt Wikidentify as a new Wikimedia project?
- Trademark practices
- Scope of the Ombudsman Commission
Upcoming online meetings
- Wikidata update and Q&A, 26 August 16:00 UTC