||This page contains material that is kept because it is considered humorous. Please do not take it seriously.
||This page in a nutshell: Wikipedia is not pie, in any way, shape or form.
In their tenures as Wikipedia editors, some people have likened Wikipedia to pie. This is a huge mistake, on the scale of climbing the Reichstag dressed as Spider-Man. It's actually worse than being an angry mastodon. Wikipedia is assuredly not pie.
The differences between Wikipedia and pie
- Wikipedia is not edible, unlike pie. Pie is not editable, unlike Wikipedia.
- Pie has fillings of various flavors. Wikipedia does not have flavored filling... Like cherry filling... mmm...
- Pie can be made from various store-bought ingredients. Wikipedia is made by the use of free time by various computer users.
- Pie is made in an oven. Go ahead, try putting Wikipedia into an oven. You can't, can you?
- Pie is a physical object. Wikipedia exists in the Internet (actually, on servers, but we won't go there).
- Pie has a delicious crust. Wikipedia does not.
- Wikipedia has loads of useful articles on various topics. Pie has no information at all, since it is just food.
- Wikipedia has generated controversy over allegedly inaccurate content. Pie usually gets eaten before people can debate its accuracy.
- The smell of pie brings back nostalgic memories of your childhood. Wikipedia does not have a scent and is therefore unlikely to bring back nostalgic memories of your childhood.
- You can throw pies at people. You can't throw Wikipedia anywhere.
This is a handy guide to tell whether something is Wikipedia or pie:
|Wikipedia/Pie identification guide