|Please do not post your requests or questions on this page unless they relate to the FAQ article. You can ask all kinds of questions about using Wikipedia at the Help desk or the Teahouse. At the Reference desk you can ask questions about any topic. Volunteers will respond to your questions as soon as possible.|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the FAQ page.|
|the Wikipedia Help Project|
|On February 16, 2008, it was proposed that this page be moved from to . The result of the debate was page moved. (See discussion.)|
- 1 Illustrative pictures
- 2 Excessive ban
- 3 can we regain a over written data
- 4 Questions
- 5 Archiving
- 6 Article not showing on google search
- 7 Interwiki linking
- 8 Alternative medicine article needs an FAQ
- 9 Add: Can I rely on Wikipedia for advice on medical, legal, financial, safety, and other critical issues?
- 10 Abyss and Apex
I would like to see some illustrative pictures added.
File:Wikimania 2008 Alexandria - Aphaia - 2.jpg shows a Wikipedian at the Wikimania conference in Egypt. I think it could be a good visual depiction of a person on a computer as if he/she was editing Wikipedia - Perhaps it could be at the beginning of the FAQ? WhisperToMe (talk) 06:43, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
22.214.171.124/24 , ie. about 256 public service IP's has been banned in http://fi.wikipedia.org . I do not know, how to contact as this municipal computer is also banned #308527 to 25th July, 2011. How this can be solved? 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:51, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
can we regain a over written data
Some of the subject seem to repeat the same iformation. While the imformation and sources is very reliable some subects olny answer a piece of the questions. For example my question was the events that throughout history have lead to the rise and fall of great nations and empires.The answer i recieved was only talking about military powers. It is almost common knowledge that in the early ages through todays era advancements in warfare lead many nations to rain supreme. Also, at the same it has its role in the nations down fall. However, there are other major reasons in a nations down fall. Uprising among its cititzen whether due to high taxs or the crashing of an economy. Even disagreement among the political parties, were compromise can not be reached.Socail standing have been a big part of society as far back as we know. In modern day cizilization we have new problems that act like a domino affect such as economic downs falls cutting nations of major employment or even a nations moving jobs overseas to save on labor. Creats poverty , which leads to a rise in crime. Allowing a drug epidemic that is already bad and getting worse. Increasing funds for law enforcement puts cuts in other areas such as education. Creating increased debt while allowing tax cuts to the wealthy who will put little money back into the economy. While if you give it to the poor more of the money goes back into the economy simply because they have to provide for there families. The major conflicts that lead to a nations down fall are very clear to see. Think about having a small crack in your winshield you ignore it ,however give it time it will get big. I love using you web site ,it would be nice to get imformation broken down. More detail i like to analyze ifmormation brake it down and build it up. Today i truely believe that if we take a little moe time to look at what has lead others nations to there demise. The history has proven itself over and over.Every era in time has its major nations,they have all failed. Which depending on opinion may be happening in America today we are on a down fall. you may call it denial but our great nation is begining to crack at its seams. This was preventable however disagreement in political parties agendas, the greater good of the people was put on a side burner. Our troops are over seas fighting for us but what will be left when they come home. If are politican cant agree how long before citizen loose faith and unity is lost. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:18, 19 July 2011 (UTC)
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, but I think it would be nice if you put instructions here dealing with archiving one's own talk page. I'd like to do that and never learned how. I do not ask this in order to inflict it on article talk pages, but it's nice to know also in the event that someone might ask me to do that.Djathinkimacowboy (talk) 13:59, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
- Help:Archiving a talk page. Perhaps a FAQ for User pages? ---— Gadget850 (Ed) talk 15:34, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
Article not showing on google search
I create 2 article name Nadia Samdani and Dhaka Art Summit but it not showing on google search result please advice what I need to do to showing it on google search.
Where do I find interwiki linking requests again - the National Archives of Venezuala being the case in point. (I have added the link to the Spanish article there) Jackiespeel (talk) 18:39, 28 January 2013 (UTC)
Alternative medicine article needs an FAQ
Add: Can I rely on Wikipedia for advice on medical, legal, financial, safety, and other critical issues?
Per a discussion at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Medicine/RFC on medical disclaimer, I would like to propose adding this question the main FAQ page: "Can I rely on Wikipedia for advice on medical, legal, financial, safety, and other critical issues?" Here is my suggestion for an answer (the sentences in italics are copied verbatim from Wikipedia:General disclaimer and would not be italicized in the FAQ):
- In a word, no. If you need specific advice (for example, medical, legal, financial or risk management) please seek a professional who is licensed or knowledgeable in that area. That is not to say that you will not find valuable and accurate information in Wikipedia; much of the time you will. However, Wikipedia cannot guarantee the validity of the information found here. The content of any given article may recently have been changed, vandalized or altered by someone whose opinion does not correspond with the state of knowledge in the relevant fields. See Wikipedia:General disclaimer for more cautionary information. --agr (talk) 16:50, 15 January 2014 (UTC)
Abyss and Apex
Hello! I've made a page referring to my magazine, Abyss and Apex. We use the ampersand, so I'm afraid I may have fudged a bit in naming the... article? page.
I'm not quite understanding how to do references, though, and I'd like to add our logo. I think I can manage the logo part with some research, but how to do the references has me quite stumped at the moment...
Is everything else up to scratch, though?
- May I refer you to the top of this page, where it states: "Please do not post your requests or questions on this page unless they relate to the FAQ article. You can ask all kinds of questions about using Wikipedia at the Help desk or the Teahouse. At the Reference desk you can ask questions about any topic. Volunteers will respond to your questions as soon as possible.": Noyster (talk), 16:31, 4 October 2014 (UTC)