Wikipedia talk:Hinduism-related topics notice board
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Hinduism-related topics notice board page.|
|WikiProject Hinduism||(Rated NA-class)|
Hello. Would anybody be able to look at the Demigod article, please? There's a long section dealing with Hinduism that cites no sources. Apart from the paragraph about the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, I'm sceptical about the relevance of any of it, but I know so little I can't begin to clean it up. Many thanks. --Lo2u (T • C) 19:25, 21 March 2014 (UTC)
Koenraad Elst (serious NPOV violations in a BLP article)
The NPOV violations were explained in great detail by the subject of the lemma here:
- The wikipedia lemma on "Koenraad Elst": a textbook example of defamation
- Meera Nanda against Hinduism
These links say among other things:
- Well, there you have it. The lemma on me has ended up taking this form because some militant among your contributors purposely wanted to “warn readers” against me. Please cite me an instruction for encyclopedists that names “warning” among the legitimate goals of an encyclopedia.
- Either you remove the lemma altogether, or you straighten it out and apply the rules of encyclopedia-writing to it. At any rate, in a encyclopedia, I count on being judged for what I myself have said or done, and not for the gossip my declared enemies have come up with.
- If Wikipedia wants to live up to its promise of being a reliable encyclopedic source, it will strike this and all sentences resembling it from its article on me. At most, it can use me as an example of how it was fooled by some of its all-too-partisan collaborators. Speaking of whom: the history page accompanying my page proves forever that some Wikipedia collaborators wanted to inflict on me the maximum harm possible, an attitude incompatible with work for an encyclopedia.
The old discussion was here:
Hindu Temple of Dayton
I created a page for the Hindu Temple of Dayton, one of the most beautiful buildings in Ohio. If somebody could please take a look at it and help with the explanations of Hinduism, it would be appreciated. I'm proud of the article, but I just don't know enough about Hinduism to write about such topics. Mvblair (talk) 16:59, 9 May 2014 (UTC)
AfC submission - 15/05
Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Mauna (silence). FoCuSandLeArN (talk) 19:19, 15 May 2014 (UTC)
Leaflet For Wikiproject Hinduism At Wikimania 2014
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost