|WikiProject Editing trends||(Rated Project-class)|
New popular page report
- See also that talk page if interested to help West.andrew.g with any advice on how to figure out how many FAs and GAs are part of the list. Biosthmors (talk) 23:45, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
- As a follow-on to the WP:5000 reports, a new weekly chart (human-moderated to remove non-article pages and the like) of the Top 25 articles of each week is available at Wikipedia:5000/Top25Report.--Milowent • hasspoken 14:43, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
Articles by quality and importance statistics
I threw this "All rated articles by quality and importance" table onto the page. Should we track how we are doing with it? Also, it would be nice to have some sort of a graphical indication on how the articles move around (hopefully all up into the FA and FL rows by the end of the week. ). -- Alan Liefting (talk - contribs) 06:16, 28 January 2013 (UTC)
Pageviews for a template
Is there a way to collect pageview stats for a given template? Not for the template page itself, but the sum total of all pageviews for pages that included the template. AlexanderPico (talk) 00:01, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
Looking for data
I am trying to figure out a few values:
- How many medical articles exist in other languages. We could base this on the interlanguage links found at Wikidata.
- How many pageviews the medical articles get in other languages. Once we figure out what is a "medical article" we could then use stat.grok.se to figure this out and produce a nice table like this one. 
- How many edits occur to medical articles in X amount of time. We used to have this page but it no longer works. And we have this page but it seems to only list articles beginning with A 
- I am trying to figure out how many people are active in WP:MED and has this value changed over time? We have this list here  but it does not say how many have edited in the last 3 months (would love to have a bot to figure this out). We also have this catagory which lists 453 users  but same issue we have no idea how many article (once again maybe a bot). The other method would be to look at all the edits to this project in the last month and than see how many registered users made them.
Why are so many Wikipedia Stat pages no longer updated? Some of them stop in 2006, 2009, 2011...collecting information about readers are looking for and what editors are working on is key to evaluating your progress. With the tools that are available these days, it's not even that complicated. Wikipedia dropping the ball just doesn't make sense. Newjerseyliz (talk) 21:49, 15 August 2013 (UTC)
Meaning of Graph
I'm afraid I don't understand one of the graphs in this article - the '% of editors who make 100 edits of those who make 5'; I think it's saying that, for example, in Jan 13, there were approximately 10 times as many editors who made 5 edits as made 100. That seems plausible, but even if I've interpreted it correctly, what does that tell us? 5 and 100 are somewhat arbitrary numbers. Are the figures available for a frequency graph of the number of editors who make 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc edits per month?
statistics by type of access
Love to see a ranking of articles by 1-day, 1-week, 1-month and 1-year edit frequency. Shows you where the hot spots are. I speculate that this often indicates an increased role for admins. Lfstevens (talk) 05:52, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
After watching a variety of interviews on Youtube of Jimmy Wales, I'd love to read more statistics. He discusses such things as donation percentages and categories, and popularity of different languages. It'd be nice to see this expanded, except I'm not sure where to find these kind of statistics if they are not released by Wikipedia themselves? (Tetriminos (talk) 18:03, 12 December 2013 (UTC))
Two cool statistical tables; 2013 on en.wp
Greetings everyone. After much processing has been brought to bear, I've aggregated all the page view statistics for 2013 (I'm the guy who does WP:5000 on a weekly basis). I thought these would likely be of broader interest, so I decided to post here. For a more analytical discussion about what drives these statistics, see our older Signpost article.
- The 10,000 most popular pages of 2013 (be patient with load time!)
ARTICLE | VIEWS -------------------------------------- [[Main_Page]] | 3,895,581,597 [[Facebook]] | 30,608,777 [[Deaths_in_2013]] | 21,246,624 [[Breaking_Bad]] | 17,389,161 [[Google]] | 16,759,294 [[World_War_II]] | 16,676,636 [[Wiki]] | 16,285,560 [[YouTube]] | 15,938,076
ARTICLE | UTC DATE | VIEWS | REASON ---------------------------------------------------------------------- [[Jorge_Bergoglio]] | March 13, 2013 | 1,460,586 | Papal ascension [[Shakuntala_Devi]] | November 4, 2013 | 766,256 | Google Doodle [[Paul_Walker]] | December 1, 2013 | 752,770 | Death [[Grace_Hopper]] | December 9, 2013 | 621,694 | Google Doodle [[Nelson_Mandela]] | December 5, 2013 | 484,966 | Death [[Jodie_Foster]] | January 14, 2013 | 451,270 | Came out at Golden Globes [[Beyonc%C3%A9_Knowles]] | February 4, 2013 | 378,923 | Super bowl halftime [[Nicolaus_Copernicus]] | February 19, 2013 | 336,836 | Google Doodle [[Seth_MacFarlane]] | February 25, 2013 | 320,999 | Hosted the Oscars [[Daniel_Day-Lewis]] | February 25, 2013 | 318,839 | Oscars [[Society_of_Jesus]] | March 13, 2013 | 287,568 | Papal ascension [[Mindy_McCready]] | February 18, 2013 | 282,679 | Death [[Hermann_Rorschach]] | November 8, 2013 | 276,072 | Google Doodle [[Edith_Head]] | October 28, 2013 | 263,915 | Google Doodle [[Raymond_Loewy]] | November 5, 2013 | 258,301 | Google Doodle [[Margaret_Thatcher]] | April 8, 2013 | 252,906 | Death [[Pope_Francis]] | March 13, 2013 | 248,753 | Papal ascension [[Peter_Capaldi]] | August 4, 2013 | 244,667 | Announced as next Dr. Who