Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Belgium
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Belgium and anything related to its purposes and tasks.|
|Archives: 1, 2|
|WikiProject Belgium||(Rated NA-class)|
|This WikiProject's subject is featured in the Outline of Belgium, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, comprise Wikipedia's Outline of knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
This is a notice to let you know about Article alerts, a fully-automated subscription-based news delivery system designed to notify WikiProjects and Taskforces when articles are entering Articles for deletion, Requests for comment, Peer review and other workflows (full list). The reports are updated on a daily basis, and provide brief summaries of what happened, with relevant links to discussion or results when possible. A certain degree of customization is available; WikiProjects and Taskforces can choose which workflows to include, have individual reports generated for each workflow, have deletion discussion transcluded on the reports, and so on. An example of a customized report can be found here.
If you are already subscribed to Article Alerts, it is now easier to report bugs and request new features. We are also in the process of implementing a "news system", which would let projects know about ongoing discussions on a wikipedia-wide level, and other things of interest. The developers also note that some subscribing WikiProjects and Taskforces use the
display=none parameter, but forget to give a link to their alert page. Your alert page should be located at "Wikipedia:PROJECT-OR-TASKFORCE-HOMEPAGE/Article alerts". Questions and feedback should be left at Wikipedia talk:Article alerts.
AfD: Andenne Bears
- Additional AfD's:
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Brussels Tigers
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Grez-Doiceau Fighting Turtles
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Liège Monarchs
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Charleroi Cougars
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Tournai Phoenix
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Luxembourg Steelers
- Thanks, Ejgreen77 (talk) 18:06, 25 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Ejgreen77: - In so far as any amateur American football teams really merit articles, most of these AfDs could be rejected with a cursory search of google as part of the due diligence of the nom. See 1, 2 etc. American football is hardly big nationally, but the fact that these teams are listed on L'Avenir (a respected regional newspaper) should be enough. Perhaps there's a certain bias here against non-English language sources? —Brigade Piron (talk) 21:02, 25 March 2015 (UTC)
For those of you familiar with the Belgian government structure, I found that we have two separate articles:
- 1. Is the "Air Accident Investigation Unit (AAIU)" actually under the authority of the civil aviation authority, or is it only under the authority of the FPS? (the FPS organigram can help with that question, if it exists)
- 2. Should the CAA article be merged into the FPS article?
- As I read their website at http : // www . mobilit . belgium . be / nl / (spaces inserted for clarity) (you may substitute fr for nl if you prefer) the term "CAA" or its local equivalents are no more being used. That is to say there is just the FPS, formerly called a Ministry, with five branches; the AAIU is part the "aviation" branch. My idea would be to indeed merge the CAA article into the more general one. Not that the information in it is very relevant, to my eyes. Jan olieslagers (talk) 04:54, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
Categorizing Belgian history and heritage
- Specifically, about how best to categorize events and foundations that are part of the history of Belgium but predate the kingdom of Belgium. I've been developing things like Timeline of Belgian history and 1580s in Belgium, but am holding off continuing until there is some clarity about how to categorise the spin-off articles. --Andreas Philopater (talk) 11:05, 28 May 2015 (UTC)