Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Cannabis
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Cannabis and anything related to its purposes and tasks.|
|WikiProject Cannabis||(Rated Project-class)|
Popular pages tool update
As of January, the popular pages tool has moved from the Toolserver to Wikimedia Tool Labs. The code has changed significantly from the Toolserver version, but users should notice few differences. Please take a moment to look over your project's list for any anomalies, such as pages that you expect to see that are missing or pages that seem to have more views than expected. Note that unlike other tools, this tool aggregates all views from redirects, which means it will typically have higher numbers. (For January 2014 specifically, 35 hours of data is missing from the WMF data, which was approximated from other dates. For most articles, this should yield a more accurate number. However, a few articles, like ones featured on the Main Page, may be off).
Web tools, to replace the ones at tools:~alexz/pop, will become available over the next few weeks at toollabs:popularpages. All of the historical data (back to July 2009 for some projects) has been copied over. The tool to view historical data is currently partially available (assessment data and a few projects may not be available at the moment). The tool to add new projects to the bot's list is also available now (editing the configuration of current projects coming soon). Unlike the previous tool, all changes will be effective immediately. OAuth is used to authenticate users, allowing only regular users to make changes to prevent abuse. A visible history of configuration additions and changes is coming soon. Once tools become fully available, their toolserver versions will redirect to Labs.
If you have any questions, want to report any bugs, or there are any features you would like to see that aren't currently available on the Toolserver tools, see the updated FAQ or contact me on my talk page. Mr.Z-bot (talk) (for Mr.Z-man) 04:57, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
Cannabis vs. marijuana
- Be sure to check out the poll: 72% of voters preferred "cannabis" over "marijuana". I guess I shouldn't be shocked that people that make search engines would consider ghits/bhits to be the most important metric when deciding the name of the article, and insist on "marijuana" on that basis alone. Dennis Brown | 2¢ | WER 23:07, 14 June 2014 (UTC)
- Oh Gosh! Ms Hamilton has made me see the light. Why (?) should we need to depend on Google's sophisticated search algorithms to make life easy, when all, everybody really needs to do, is change their nomenclature (in research papers, articles, etc.,) to suit Bing. Then we can all relish in having a universally ubiquitous search engine that can find everything, (save perhaps, for the information we are actually looking for). But what the hell. As we can all become united, as members of microsoft’s happy flock of Sheeples. Yes bring it on. I'm all for it. Yarhoo!'</sarcasm> --Aspro (talk) 15:44, 15 June 2014 (UTC)
Leaflet for Wikiproject Cannabis at Wikimania 2014
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost
The deadline for submissions is 1st July 2014
For more information or to sign up for one for your project, go to:
Adikhajuria (talk) 15:15, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for offering. I am already managing a leaflet project for another group. Anyone else here interested? --Another Believer (Talk) 17:18, 27 June 2014 (UTC)