Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Finance
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Finance page.|
|Archives: 1, 2|
|WikiProject Finance||(Rated Project-class)|
|This subject is featured in the Outline of finance, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, is part of Wikipedia's Outline of Knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Any threads with no replies in 30 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
- 1 Category:Behavioral and social facets of systemic risk
- 2 The "usury" article needs help putting links to other articles
- 3 Scoreboard article for the 2008 financial crisis bailout?
- 4 Actuary FAR
- 5 BBCN listed at Requested moves
- 6 Vistra Group Holdings listed at Requested moves
- 7 Block chain (transaction database) listed at Requested moves
was Category:Systemic Risk - Behavioral & Social Facets
- I'm the original author of two category pages
- Category:Systemic risk This has a related article page Systemic risk that I did not author but could use updating. There may also be key Wikipedia pages that could be tagged with this category. Help from ASIA would be really nice!!!
- Category:Behavioral and social facets of systemic risk I did not write an article page on this but would participate in a group to write one. See the talk page for more. This is bleeding edge research - 10 toes over the front of the surfboard type stuff. However its very real and have found at least one initial survey article (top quality in a heavily refereed journal) so its undeniably legitimate. Would love help here!!!
I was surprised there is not more interlinking with other articles on the topic of the 2008 financial crisis, how money is created, quantitive easing, buffers that banks need to have in relation to the loans they can write out, how consumers and society is protected from irresponsible behaviour from bankers.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usury#Usury_law Only the measures in the USA, Canada Japan are mentioned. Nothing about the EU or any of the other big economies. Can anybody help?
Scoreboard article for the 2008 financial crisis bailout?
Is there something like this on the wikipedia? :
"The Bailout Scorecard
Last update: Apr. 20, 2015
Altogether, accounting for both the TARP and the Fannie and Freddie bailout, $615B has gone out the door—invested, loaned, or paid out—while $390B has been returned.
The Treasury has been earning a return on most of the money invested or loaned. So far, it has earned $280B. When those revenues are taken into account, the government has realized a $55.1B profit as of Apr. 20, 2015." https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/ - It shows what bank or organisation received how much it received, in what form etc, how much it has paid back in interest to the state, how much in dividents if the state became a share-holder, etc. ProPublica was a recipient of the 2011 Pulitzer Prize in National Reporting and a 2010 Pulitzer Prize in Investigative Reporting. Thank you --SvenAERTS (talk) 14:45, 6 May 2015 (UTC)
- @SvenAERTS: Very interesting question: I wasn't aware of that research. Do you propose to create an article about ProPublica's scorecard, or do you want Wikipedia to make its own scorecard?
- The long table in the Participants section of the Troubled Asset Relief Program article looks like a kind of scorecard. (I noticed that 2009 ProPublica research is used as a source for the long table. Does that need updating?)
- Here are two other relevant articles:
- Federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (The section on Ongoing status of Fannie and Freddie conservatorship doesn't seem to have been updated since 2012.
- ProPublica (doesn't mention the bailout)
I have nominated Actuary for a featured article review here. Please join the discussion on whether this article meets featured article criteria. Articles are typically reviewed for two weeks. If substantial concerns are not addressed during the review period, the article will be moved to the Featured Article Removal Candidates list for a further period, where editors may declare "Keep" or "Delist" the article's featured status. The instructions for the review process are here. SandyGeorgia (Talk) 02:07, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
A requested move discussion has been initiated for BBCN to be moved to BBCN Bancorp Inc.. This page is of interest to this WikiProject and interested members may want to participate in the discussion here. —RMCD bot 23:20, 28 May 2015 (UTC)
Vistra Group Holdings listed at Requested moves
A requested move discussion has been initiated for Vistra Group Holdings to be moved to Vistra. This page is of interest to this WikiProject and interested members may want to participate in the discussion here. —RMCD bot 23:23, 28 May 2015 (UTC)
Block chain (transaction database) listed at Requested moves
A requested move discussion has been initiated for Block chain (transaction database) to be moved to Block chain. This page is of interest to this WikiProject and interested members may want to participate in the discussion here. —RMCD bot 23:23, 28 May 2015 (UTC)