Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Health and fitness
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Health and fitness and anything related to its purposes and tasks.|
|This subject is featured in the Outline of health, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, is part of Wikipedia's Outline of Knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
|This page was previously nominated for deletion. Please review the prior discussions if you are considering re-nomination:
|WikiProject Health and fitness||(Rated NA-class)|
- 1 Human body
- 2 Human height
- 3 Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Infant Mattress Tests to Assess Adequate Safe Firmness
- 4 Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Jonathan Bernor
- 5 Beachbody
- 6 Leaflet For Wikiproject Health and Fitness At Wikimania 2014
- 7 Article Request
- 8 Leaflet for Wikiproject Health and Fitness at Wikimania 2014
Hi, there has been significant restructuring of the human body, human physiology and human anatomy articles over at WP:Anatomy, making the Human body article the main, offering opportunities for future expansion once significant information is available.
The Human body article current has a underdeveloped Society and culture section Human body#Society and culture, that would do very well with some help from this Wikiproject. Is there interest from here in expanding this section? If so please help out, and engage in the talk page of the article! CFCF (talk) 11:49, 18 December 2013 (UTC)
Hi there. Just seeking input at Talk:Human_height#Why_is_height_being_expressed_in_metres.3F. Cheers.--Gibson Flying V (talk) 02:15, 16 January 2014 (UTC)
Dear health experts: Here's an old Afc submission that has been abandoned an will soon be deleted as a stale draft. Is this a notable topic, and should it be kept and improved instead? —Anne Delong (talk) 11:59, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
Dear athletics experts: I'm not sure if the above old abandoned Afc submission comes under this project or not. There seem to be some claims to notability as a powerlifter. The article needs trimming for NPOV, but I am willing to do this if the subject is a notable one. This is the closest Wikiproject I could find to report it. —Anne Delong (talk) 21:59, 20 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello Wikiproject, was wondering if anyone could take a look at Beachbody. The article recently saw the addition of content that seems promotional in nature and it is my instinct to cut a lot of the stuff that describes their various programs, etc. The article has, in the past, seen some aggressive editing to add promotional content. I don't think the article is on many people's watchlists. Thanks, Cyphoidbomb (talk) 19:19, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
Leaflet For Wikiproject Health and Fitness At Wikimania 2014
Are you looking to recruit more contributors to your project?
We are offering to design and print physical paper leaflets to be distributed at Wikimania 2014 for all projects that apply.
For more information, click the link below.
Adikhajuria (talk) 13:41, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
Hello Wikiproject: I am a copywriter for a healthcare company. We are a national franchisor that provides accessibility and mobility solutions, such as stair lifts, wheelchair lifts, elevators, auto lifts, etc. We are a resource for products and services for those aging in place and those with mobility challenges and disabilities.
I have put in a request for an article to be written about our company here. Could a Wikipedia expert check out the request and the company, and work on creating an article?
- Hello Ledavenport! Thanks for posting on the requested articles page. Since Wikipedia is a community of volunteers, I anticipate that no one will make this article based on the historical precedent of most articles in that list being in queue for years.
- I also regret to say that there is no recommended channel for your organization to get an article made, except to have your staff or volunteers encouraged by your staff to join the Wikimedia community as volunteers, contribute to articles in your field of expertise but which are not promotional, and when the time comes, make some decision about an article on your company. If you have staff who wish to do this please say hello at WikiProject Medicine, where the community might be better equipped to support you than here at the Health and fitness project. There are just more people dealing with these sorts of relationship there. Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 13:48, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
Leaflet for Wikiproject Health and Fitness at Wikimania 2014
Please note: This is an updated version of a previous post that I made.
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost
The deadline for submissions is 1st July 2014
For more information or to sign up for one for your project, go to:
Adikhajuria (talk) 14:41, 25 June 2014 (UTC)