Wikipedia talk:WikiProject History of photography
|This article was nominated for merging with Wikipedia:WikiProject Photography on 29 December 2010. The result of the discussion was merge Wikipedia:WikiProject History of photography to a new "Photographic Work" task force of WikiProject Photography.|
|WikiProject History of photography||(Rated NA-class)|
|WikiProject Photography||(Rated Project-class)|
|History of photography pages by quality|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω =9,623||Ω = 5.24|
- 1 AfDs
- 2 Photography
- 3 Women in photography
- 4 Les Forgerons.jpg
- 5 Lemuel Cook.jpeg
- 6 WP: Exhibitions
- 7 Interested in collaborating on a quick DYK article?
- 8 Discussion at Talk:Afghan_Girl#Requested_move_22_April_2014
- 9 Leaflet for Wikiproject History of Photography at Wikimania 2014
- 10 Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
- 11 Australian photographers class project
These are now listed at WikiProject Deletion sorting/History of photography (transcluded below). You may wish to keep this on your watchlist.
(Old AfD mentions are here.)
- View AfD · ) – (
- ( )
- Comment - This article was created by Drik001, sock of user:Shahidul001 (Shahidul Alam), founder of this institute. - Rahat (Talk * Contributions) 08:32, 12 December 2014 (UTC)
- Weak delete because, while this institution presents itself as a college, its degree course is not recognised and it claims to be in the process of affiliating (in some way) with the country's main university. If it was a recognised further education college I'd have probably said "weak keep", on the basis we keep lamost all articles about secondary schools, colleges and universities. Another factor against recommended a keep is the complete lack of reliable coverage about the institution. Sionk (talk) 15:50, 12 December 2014 (UTC)
- Merge and redirect. Pathsaha itself do not warrant its own article. It is an organization of Drik and can be discussed there, briefly. Keeping a redirect will be good idea. – nafSadh did say 04:57, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of Bangladesh-related deletion discussions. • Gene93k (talk) 00:34, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of Photography-related deletion discussions. • Gene93k (talk) 00:34, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of Schools-related deletion discussions. • Gene93k (talk) 00:35, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
- Keep - premier photography institute in Bangladesh, . --Zayeem (talk) 09:40, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
Women in photography
In connection with Women's History Month 2013, we are trying to develop coverage of Women in photography, just as we covered Women in architecture last year. There is already a basic list which we need to expand but we also need to write an article on the topic — I could make a start myself in a week or two if there are no other volunteers. Furthermore, I am sure we will discover lots of additional names, organisations, etc., which will require articles. We should try to get started quickly as March is Women's History Month. Anyone interested in participating? --Ipigott (talk) 10:59, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
- I'm in. I'll need to research the topic for a few days. Bms4880 (talk) 22:21, 25 February 2013 (UTC)
- I've added Fay Godwin to the list as she was an important British landscape photographer, also started a stub article on Australian photographer Polixeni Papapetrou whose importance can be judged from at least a dozen solo exhibitions and being in 30 permanent collections (see her website for many examples of her work). Samatarou (talk) 05:17, 26 February 2013 (UTC)
- I'm happy to help (and have already added names to the list), but unfortunately my time will be limited. -- Hoary (talk) 00:59, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks. User Sionk was the one who came up with the idea of sorting by country in his List of female architects. I rather like it and it seems to work. It would also be a useful basis for developing separate lists of photographers by country. A sortable list is difficult to set up and may not be easy to manipulate by those who are not familiar with the markup, etc. But let's wait to see if there are other reactions.--Ipigott (talk) 16:33, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
I went ahead and reorganized by country. I kept the key for now. If the photographer had more than one country, I went with the best choice based on the article, and I used country of origin when in doubt. Bms4880 (talk) 18:23, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
image:Lemuel Cook.jpeg has been nominated for deletion. This is a photo of one of only 7 veterans of the American War of Independence to have been photographed. -- 220.127.116.11 (talk) 05:45, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
In light of the increase in GLAM projects internationally, I'd like to start a new WikiProject, WP:Exhibitions to help coordinate activities around major museum and gallery exhibitions. If you are interested in the project, please contact me here or on my talk page. I'm hoping to establish guidelines for creating, editing, and tagging articles on major exhibitions and to begin improving articles in this area of Wikipedia. OR drohowa (talk) 19:35, 22 December 2013 (UTC)
- Good idea! I just added one and was wondering the same thing. Jane (talk) 09:15, 7 November 2014 (UTC)
Interested in collaborating on a quick DYK article?
Discussion at Talk:Afghan_Girl#Requested_move_22_April_2014
Leaflet for Wikiproject History of Photography at Wikimania 2014
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost
The deadline for submissions is 1st July 2014
For more information or to sign up for one for your project, go to:
Adikhajuria (talk) 16:44, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
Hello there! As you may already know, most WikiProjects here on Wikipedia struggle to stay active after they've been founded. I believe there is a lot of potential for WikiProjects to facilitate collaboration across subject areas, so I have submitted a grant proposal with the Wikimedia Foundation for the "WikiProject X" project. WikiProject X will study what makes WikiProjects succeed in retaining editors and then design a prototype WikiProject system that will recruit contributors to WikiProjects and help them run effectively. Please review the proposal here and leave feedback. If you have any questions, you can ask on the proposal page or leave a message on my talk page. Thank you for your time! (Also, sorry about the posting mistake earlier. If someone already moved my message to the talk page, feel free to remove this posting.) Harej (talk) 22:47, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
Australian photographers class project
Hi there! I'm a teacher at a photography college in Melbourne, Australia. Next year I am setting a Wikipedia research and writing assignment for my students which will hopefully improve the number of articles currently available on Australian photographers. If anyone would like to offer advice or help that would be great. I will publish the list of photographers we hope to cover soon. Louibu (talk) 01:22, 8 December 2014 (UTC)