Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Ireland Collaboration
|This page is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Threads older than 15 days may be archived by.|
|This discussion has been transferred to Talk:Derry. Please continue the discussion there.|
Referring to Londonderry in artices when the main references say so
I think things seem to have quietened down a bit here so a bit more flexibility over Derry/Londonderry might be in order. I believe it is wrong to start referring to Derry everywhere in articles where the main references are to Londonderry. It also seems a bit much to me to insist on it in a bio for a Unionist who has referred to Londonderry all their life. Any ideas on what might be acceptable addition for these circumstances to what's at WP:IMOS#Derry/Londonderry? Dmcq (talk) 10:11, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
- This is a little like saying, We haven't set ourselves on fire in a long time, so let's start playing with matches. In particular, this idea has be aired before and it's a recipe for a sectarian carve up IMO.
- The choice of Derry or Londonderry is no more than a stylistic decision. Other sources may make other decisions. There is no obligation on us to ape their style, no matter the topic. We have our own style. --Tóraí (talk) 20:07, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
- Oh just because the main articles don't see much warring anymore doesn't mean we don't have IPs making the obvious changes elsewhere. In fact I'm reverting one right now. Mabuska (talk) 22:25, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
WikiProject X is live!
You may have received a message from me earlier asking you to comment on my WikiProject X proposal. The good news is that WikiProject X is now live! In our first phase, we are focusing on research. At this time, we are looking for people to share their experiences with WikiProjects: good, bad, or neutral. We are also looking for WikiProjects that may be interested in trying out new tools and layouts that will make participating easier and projects easier to maintain. If you or your WikiProject are interested, check us out! Note that this is an opt-in program; no WikiProject will be required to change anything against its wishes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Note: To receive additional notifications about WikiProject X on this talk page, please add this page to Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Newsletter. Otherwise, this will be the last notification sent about WikiProject X.
This move appears to be a controversial one and should have been discussed before moving to obtain consensus. The pre-move name was clearly the WP:COMMONNAME. ww2censor (talk) 22:05, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
- I've moved it back. Scolaire (talk) 14:52, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
- At the same time, it might not be a bad idea to move Southern Ireland. The term is far more commonly used to mean either the Irish state or the southern counties of Ireland than it is to refer to an early 20th-century political entity that never existed in fact. is a hideous title, as well as being inaccurate, since there are no reliable sources saying that it was such a thing, but possibly "Southern Ireland (Government of Ireland Act 1920)" would be a less awful alternative. I would suggest that "Southern Ireland" should then become a redirect to Republic of Ireland, with an appropriate hatnote on that article. Scolaire (talk) 15:54, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Christian terrorism (2nd nomination) may be of interest - one of the main sections in the article affected concerns The Troubles. BastunĖġáḍβáś₮ŭŃ! 17:12, 20 March 2015 (UTC)