Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Square Enix
|WikiProject Square Enix was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 27 April 2009. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
|WikiProject Square Enix was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 17 September 2013. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
Welcome to the discussion page. This page provides space for community members to discuss housekeeping, project and article issues. Click here to add an issue to the discussion below, or here to edit the page to respond to a specific issue.
The current month's archive is here.
See index for full list, including archives of the former WikiProject Final Fantasy.
- 1 New page for project's attention
- 2 All lists featured
- 3 DQX / FFXI / FFXIV interview
- 4 Article review request
- 5 Task force
- 6 Can KH13 be used?
- 7 Leaflet For Wikiproject Square Enix At Wikimania 2014
- 8 Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
- 9 Final Fantasy XIII Featured Topic Review
- 10 Roll call?
- 11 SE Main Page
- 12 Featured Topics!
- 13 Rinoa Heartilly
- 14 Famitsu Weekly issue 1302
- 15 Rinoa Heartilly question
New page for project's attention
I have just created a page for the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster. It needs work, and plenty of it over the coming months. It still needs a gameplay section (however small), proper expansion of the plot section when the time comes, and full coverage of its reception. This is just a friendly alert to the Square Enix WikiProject. --ProtoDrake (talk) 22:50, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
- Mmm, the development section is nice, but I'm not convinced that the HD version needed its own article, since the plot and gameplay are the same as the original. Guess we can wait a few weeks to see how it shakes out once it's been released. Added it to the Index in the meantime, which I've re-worked to be prettier and have importance ratings, if anyone cares. --PresN 23:01, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
- In answer to concerns about notability, the gameplay isn't strictly the same. The main games may be identical, but this version also uses the content from the International versions, which added content and changed up the gameplay enough to be notable. Also, there's a localized version of Last Mission, which both has its own story not covered in any of the articles and its own style of gameplay substantially different from the original. And the game has trophy support, which someone will doubtless add at some point. And there's the audio drama, which will not have a place anywhere else and forms a part of the Remaster. It is very advisable to wait a few months, but don't dismiss it as a lost cause. Besides, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix seem to be surviving. Oh, and the Index is very nice. Very user friendly. You should be proud. --ProtoDrake (talk) 23:13, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
- I tried giving some cents. I'll see if I can help in another way.Tintor2 (talk) 00:43, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
All lists featured
- Congratulations! Though I'm not a WikiProject member. Thanks for sharing knowledge to the world:)--Wangxuan8331800 07:31, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
- Why List of Square video games is part of the project but List of Enix games is not? --Mika1h (talk) 19:26, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
DQX / FFXI / FFXIV interview
Long interview with the producers of these 3 games. Didn't feel like cross-posting on all 3 talk pages, so I put it here. Enjoy! Axem Titanium (talk) 15:18, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- Here's a partial translation from a reputable source. http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/14/dragon-quest-x-impressive-300000-daily-active-players-japan/ Axem Titanium (talk) 17:34, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
Article review request
I have been working on Localization of Square Enix video games. I would like someone to have a look at this article and see whether it merits being upgraded from its current article class, considering its high importance to the article. I do not feel I should do it myself as I have been doing the edits and could be biased. --ProtoDrake (talk) 16:26, 11 April 2014 (UTC)
- I tweaked some of it and bumped it up to B; there's also some sources in Secret of Mana development about Woolsey translating the game in 1 month and cutting half the text that might be useful. --PresN 18:53, 11 April 2014 (UTC)
- Also bumped Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster up to B- great job on that, by the way. --PresN 19:02, 11 April 2014 (UTC)
For those who haven't seen, we're having a task force consolidation talk at WT:VG. It's completely separate from your project's discussions, but I wanted to at least suggest that if merging WPSE into a WPVG task force was on your mind, now might be a good time to discuss it while the other changes are happening. No response necessary—just FYI 21:16, 10 May 2014 (UTC)
Can KH13 be used?
I'm sorry if this has been asked previously, but I was just wondering if KH13.com could be used for RS transcriptions? I know it is a fan site/forum, but they have two transcriptions of interviews done by Tai Yasue for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix at E3. Here and Here. The first is in Japanese, so I was wondering if I could cite it as
|publiser=Dengeki Online via KH13 The Square Enix Presents video has not been published by Square Enix themselves yet, but I would also use the same code for that once it has. Thanks for the help. - Favre1fan93 (talk) 17:06, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks. I'll use that, and then the actual Square Enix Presents if it gets posted by Square Enix. - Favre1fan93 (talk) 18:10, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
Leaflet For Wikiproject Square Enix At Wikimania 2014
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Hi, everyone. I'm thinking about taking Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII to FA status. If anyone wants to help me, please do so. Thanks, Lord Sjones23 (talk - contributions) 18:33, 14 June 2014 (UTC)
- I've done a little more work on it, added stuff about different versions and merchandise. Most of the other featured articles appear to have something like that. --ProtoDrake (talk) 20:50, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
Final Fantasy XIII Featured Topic Review
If you are still with us, please sign here:
- Lord Sjones23 (talk - contributions) 06:06, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- PresN 06:46, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- ProtoDrake (talk) 08:08, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Lucia Black (talk) 13:57, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Judgesurreal777 (talk) 00:50, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
- Bailo26 18:30, 29 June 2014 (UTC)
SE Main Page
Hey people! User:Judgesurreal777 here, sorry I have been less active (and I'm so sorry about the GA nominations I left, I didn't take them down because I kept promising myself I would finish them and then User:PresN saved the day for most of them. I can't give him and User:ProtoDrake and others enough Barnstars for their work over the last year!). I wanted to suggest that we work together to get Final Fantasy XIV to GA status as it would revive our Featured Topic, and that would be awesome since it would link to the soon to be approved Good Topic of Final Fantasy XIII!! (Everyone PLEASE go review to nomination, it needs more to have a final decision! :) ). Years ago, we would tag team articles to get them to Featured Article Status, and although most of you are now champions of FA on your own, it would be fun to work together on the same article again as we did way back in the old days of the 2000's. Judgesurreal777 (talk) 15:39, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
- I'll be more than happy to help, but I have my own little crusade. Drakengard being relatively near to getting FA status, and getting the other articles related to the Drakengard series up to GA or FA/FL, then possibly creating a GT out of what was last year a group of poorly-referenced, poorly-written, barely stub-class articles. Heck, I even created three of the currently existing ones. And to think I've never played one of them. Oh, by the way, I would be really grateful if you would pop over and have a look at the Drakengard FA nomination to contribute your opinions, suggestions and suchlike, but please remember to give a definite yes or no. --ProtoDrake (talk) 15:48, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
Famitsu Weekly issue 1302
I need help. I'm looking for details from the review for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII for said article. The only place I've found translated information from it is on a fansite, who got it from an unofficial translation from a tumblr blog. Could anyone provide me with the page number of the review and any information concerning what the reviewers said from the issue stated in the section title. --ProtoDrake (talk) 16:32, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
Rinoa Heartilly question
I've had a look at this article, and am not entirely convinced that there's enough substance to justify its split from the main Characters article for VIII. I had a look round to try and provide references for the section on the character's creation, but there was very little, and some of the information there didn't seem to exist in any form. My suspicion meter is flashing faintly. Opinions? --ProtoDrake (talk) 12:26, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
- I've been quite critical of some of the video game character article spin-outs...but that one does have quite a bit of reception going for it. Relationships/romance was a big part of the game, so commentary in regards to her role of it strikes me as noteworthy commentary. I haven't looked at it too deeply, but at first glance, it seems better than most attempts. (Opposed to, lets say, all of those "Female character x was ranked #3 best babe by website y because she's super hawt" type commentary so many articles attempt to hinge on.)
- I do object to a rando cosplayer being the only image in the article, but I suppose that's another issue altogether... Sergecross73 msg me 02:53, 28 July 2014 (UTC)