Wikipedia talk:WikiProject The Simpsons
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject The Simpsons page.|
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8|
|WikiProject The Simpsons||(Rated Project-class)|
|A Wikipedia ad has been created for this project page. Click [show] to view it.|
|WikiProject The Simpsons was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 21 April 2008. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Threads with no replies in 30 days may be automatically moved.|
Book or website?
Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but I have a question. There are currently several requests to move pages from one title to another, based upon the titles given in the book "Simpsons World: The Ultimate Episode Guide". The reason I'm asking is because in some instances, such as A Star Is Born Again, the name in the book does not match up with the name given on the official website. I have no true problem with moving the pages, but I would like to have some sort of confirmation as to which guide we should be using as far as official titles go. The book should have been overseen by someone on the official Simpsons crew, but then the website is presumably more up to date. I'm also unsure as to whether we should go by the list title or how the title was promoted in the media. I want to avoid any potential reverts between the titles and an official consensus or answer would be nice. Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 11:08, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
- While reading this, I originally thought go with the website. The book, however, is authored be creator Matt Groening. I assume the book has it (the same as Amazon) says the DVD is, as A Star is Born-Again, as opposed to the website that has it A Star is Born Again. I don't know if we want to use the DVDs as a tie or what. I appreciate you coming here with your query. CTF83! 11:19, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
- Apologies for not posting here before I moved all those articles yesterday, I didn't think it would be particularly controversial. Anyway, I think in the case of "A Star Is Born-Again", we have to consider that the title is a reference to being a "born-again Christian", which naturally includes the hyphen, lending further credence to the title in the book. – PeeJay 13:04, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
I moved quite a few episode articles yesterday, based on the titles given in "Simpsons World: The Ultimate Episode Guide" (seasons 1–20), but apparently there is some disparity between the titles given in that book and in other sources. I can't find a full list of episodes from before season 19 on the Simpsons official website, so I don't know what other sources there could be. Furthermore, the Simpsons Wiki appears to follow the titles given in the books; I know we shouldn't use other wikis as sources, but it's at least a good guide that the titles given in the book are worth paying attention to. I'd welcome opinions on this please. – PeeJay 12:59, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
Well both book and site are official. The official site is run by Fox with no input from the staff so does have numerous errors. So I'd rather go for the book, but the best source is the title used on the DVD menus. Gran2 16:44, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
- Do you have copies of the DVDs? I hope someone does! – PeeJay 17:08, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
- I have all that are out! I think you should be able to search on say, Amazon.com and get a list of the titles on the DVD, example. CTF83! 00:24, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
The following titles need checking:
- S05E08 Boy-Scoutz 'N the Hood
- S11E03 Guess Who's Coming To Criticize Dinner
- S12E16 Bye, Bye, Nerdie
- S14E09 The Strong Arms of the Ma
- S14E13 A Star Is Born-Again
- S15E08 Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens and Gays
- S16E19 Thank God It's Doomsday
- S16E21 The Father, the Son and the Holy Guest Star
- S17E13 The Seemingly Neverending Story
- S17E17 Kiss Kiss Bang Bangalore
- S20E01 Sex, Pies, and Idiot Scrapes
- S20E17 The Good, the Sad, and the Drugly
- I understand seasons 17-19 and 21-24 have not been released on DVD yet, so no need to check "The Seemingly Neverending Story" or "Kiss Kiss Bang Bangalore", they can just be moved per the episode guide book. – PeeJay 22:39, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
Can anything be done with Quality issue of The Simpsons?
You probably remember this article I put together a while ago. I'm not that good with the copyediting side of things so I have not been able to start the brutal copyedit despite my desire to do so. Just figured I'd leave it here in case it can be salvaged into a comprehensive article about...something. It would be a waste for it to disappear. I give you all permission to edit my userpage. :)--Coin945 (talk) 13:54, 17 September 2014 (UTC)
WikiProject X is live!
You may have received a message from me earlier asking you to comment on my WikiProject X proposal. The good news is that WikiProject X is now live! In our first phase, we are focusing on research. At this time, we are looking for people to share their experiences with WikiProjects: good, bad, or neutral. We are also looking for WikiProjects that may be interested in trying out new tools and layouts that will make participating easier and projects easier to maintain. If you or your WikiProject are interested, check us out! Note that this is an opt-in program; no WikiProject will be required to change anything against its wishes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Note: To receive additional notifications about WikiProject X on this talk page, please add this page to Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Newsletter. Otherwise, this will be the last notification sent about WikiProject X.
User:Phil A. Fry moved the article twice to Mr. Smithers. I don't think it should be moved because it isn't that common, like Mr. Burns is. I mostly only remember it from Mountain of Madness by Bart and Lisa. CTF83! 07:30, 20 February 2015 (UTC)
- Probably next step would be to start WP:REQMOVE on the article's talk page in a new sub section. — Cirt (talk) 13:40, 20 February 2015 (UTC)
Hi; I've seen someone blanking the cast lists of Simpsons episodes, and some were reverted as vandalism (see history of "Homer at the Bat", for instance). I was wondering if there's an official stance on whether or not to include such sections?
- Good Article promoted version didn't have it.
- Good Article reassessed and kept version didn't have it.
- Good Topic quality promoted version didn't have it.
Therefore, strongly say we should leave it out.