Wikipedia talk:WikiProject University of Pennsylvania
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject University of Pennsylvania and anything related to its purposes and tasks.|
|WikiProject University of Pennsylvania||(Rated Project-class)|
- 1 Penn SP2
- 2 Article reviewing request
- 3 Where should this project go?
- 4 Goal: 310 articles tagged
- 5 Edgar Fahs Smith, Provost
- 6 List of Ivy League university presidents
- 7 Reassessment Request
- 8 List of Wharton School alumni
- 9 GA review
- 10 James DePreist
- 11 Discussion on consolidating inactive and semi-active university WikiProjects
- 12 is there a U.Penn userbox?
- 13 Herbert Humphreys Hunter (? 1907)
- 14 Edit-a-thon Invitation
- 15 Penn Quakers softball
- 16 ThatCampPhilly Edit-a-thon Invitation
- 17 College basketball team navigation templates
- 18 Leaflet for Wikiproject University of Pennsylvania at Wikimania 2014
I have a created an article for Penn SP2. Please help me improve the quality of the article so as to avoid the deletion of said article. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Pennsylvania_School_of_Social_Policy_and_Practice — Preceding unsigned comment added by JimBrown42 (talk • contribs) 19:00, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
Article reviewing request
I have been tagging a lot of pages as part of WikiProject University of Pennsylvania. While doing this, I have been using the class ratings already listed on the article. I think a lot of the ratings are outdated and need to be changed. Specifically ones in the category Start-Class University of Pennsylvania articles. I would appreciate it if people could assist by assessing them according to this table. You can even post your articles assessed here if you would like some recognition. Ryan Vesey Review me! 01:08, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
- Can you provide examples of articles with outdated ratings? The most common situation is where the article gets improved from stub to start to higher ratings, but the templates do not keep pace. I have done ratings on thousands of Philadelphia and Pennsylvania articles, so I know that happens often. If justified, I remove the stub template on the article, and change the rating on the discussion page. --DThomsen8 (talk) 02:48, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
Where should this project go?
- Your first objective should be what you have already started to do, add the UofP template to the appropriate articles. Next, perhaps there is some article that can be improved to GA or even FA status. FA status would bring attention to the project. --DThomsen8 (talk) 02:44, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not really sure that there's enough Penn material to require a WikiProject. Maybe some editors Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Universities might have some different opinions.--GrapedApe (talk) 03:14, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- The University of Pittsburgh has 310 articles. This project will easily have more than that, just in Penn sports, Penn alumni, and Penn faculty, judging from those categories and sub-categories. As Ryan Vesey says, tagging has just begun. I am sure there are enough articles for a project, but whether there are enough participants to make much of a dent in the work to be done is an open question. --DThomsen8 (talk) 11:00, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
Goal: 310 articles tagged
|University of Pennsylvania articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω =4,765||Ω = 5.05|
- Half way there! Others should help add UofP templates to articles. --DThomsen8 (talk) 01:29, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
Edgar Fahs Smith, Provost
Should the category Presidents of the University of Pennsylvania include Provosts, such as Edgar Fahs Smith? Until 1930, the title was Provost, and then the title was changed to President. The alternative would be to have a category Provosts of the University of Pennsylvania. Smith is the only Provost in the Presidents category now, but there are many others. --DThomsen8 (talk) 12:27, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
- The title wasn't actually changed in 1930; the position was split. There is still a Provost of the University of Pennsylvania (Vincent Price). I think two separate categories should be created. Ryan Vesey Review me! 12:31, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
List of Ivy League university presidents
The List of Ivy League university presidents#University of Pennsylvania has a list of the Provosts (through 1930) and the Presidents (1930 on), but in several instances the links are incorrect, linking to the wrong man, or in some instances to a disambiguation page. Putting the Provosts into their category (see above section) is not easy when the links are wrong. I have created the category and added several provosts, but others should work on the list, correct the links, and create articles on those without articles. There is no article on the current Provost, Vincent Price, but Google shows plenty of information, sufficient to create an article. --DThomsen8 (talk) 17:04, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
- I will attempt to work on some of this. My contributions have been relatively small because I am studying at the university right now. What should the title of the page be? Vincent Price (provost), Vincent Price (University of Pennsylvania), or something else? Ryan Vesey Review me! 18:12, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
- Following other examples, such as Frederick Augustus Muhlenberg (educator), I would say Vincent Price (educator). I see nothing urgent about this particular person, but you are closer to the situation as a student than I am. Since there are already two men named Vincent Price on Wikipedia, a disambiguation page is also in order. --DThomsen8 (talk) 21:57, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
It's not perfect yet, but a reassessment of Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania would be helpful. Also, it would be great if the individual that does this can also decide on removing the cleanup block at the top of the article. (As I've been doing much editing lately, I'm not sure I should be the one to remove it.)The Haz talk 03:32, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
On this page, I can see that under each category, an effort has been made to alphabetize alumni by their last names. But some contributors have detracted from this trend. I wondered if it would be okay and no one would be offended if I put the list back in order. Also, one of the categories in this article is "consulting." Since there is only one alumnus that falls under this list at the moment, I'm wondering if that category is even necessary. My thought is that "Consulting" is similar enough to "Finance," so we can just categorize it under that. If someone thinks otherwise, please let me know. Sharanth (talk) 09:17, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Elizabeth_Warren/GA2#GA_Reassessment - Youreallycan 21:35, 18 January 2013 (UTC)
The article for James DePreist, an alumnus, will be receiving a lot of traffic in the near future due to his death. The article needs work, as much of the text has been pulled from his Allmusic and NEA biographies. It appears to be incomplete and needs expanding, re-wording, sourcing, etc. Any assistance improving this article would be much appreciated. --Another Believer (Talk) 17:49, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
Discussion on consolidating inactive and semi-active university WikiProjects
This project may be affected by a proposed consolidation of inactive and semi-active WikiProjects covering universities. The proposed consolidation is being discussed on the talk page of WikiProject Universities. We are seeking feedback from the projects that may be impacted before we decide on a course of action. Please drop by to participate in the discussion. Thanks! –Mabeenot (talk) 06:48, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
is there a U.Penn userbox?
Herbert Humphreys Hunter (? 1907)
See Herb Hunter (footballer): can anyone add any details of his athletic performances whilst at U.Penn? Also, any other information? Is his name listed on any sort of memorial? Lindsay658 (talk) 01:24, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
|Please join the Chemical Heritage Foundation Edit-a-Thon, June 20, 2013.
Build content relating to women in science, chemistry and the history of science.
Use the hashtag #GlamCHF and write your favorite scientist or chemist into Wikipedian history!
Penn Quakers softball
Hello, everyone. I've recently started the College softball task force, working to help expand Wikipedia's college softball coverage. One of the articles we are looking for is a Penn Quakers softball article. If anyone on this project would be willing to consider adopting it and writing a team article, please consider visiting the softball project. Thanks, Ejgreen77 (talk) 04:27, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
ThatCampPhilly Edit-a-thon Invitation
|Please join the Wikipedia Edit-a-thon at THATCamp Philly, September 27, 2013, held at the Chemical Heritage Foundation. Bring your own content to work on, or get an early start on Ada Lovelace Day with our resources about women in science, chemistry and the history of science. Mary Mark Ockerbloom (talk) 20:25, 24 September 2013 (UTC)|
Please join the discussion at the College Basketball Wikiproject for forming a consensus on the creation of a basic navigation template for college basketball teams. CrazyPaco (talk) 09:33, 20 November 2013 (UTC)
Leaflet for Wikiproject University of Pennsylvania at Wikimania 2014
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost
The deadline for submissions is 1st July 2014
For more information or to sign up for one for your project, go to:
Adikhajuria (talk) 14:41, 27 June 2014 (UTC)