Wild Bunch (film company)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2012)|
|Founded||2002 (as an independent company)|
|Founder(s)||Vincent Grimond, Brahim Chioua, Vincent Maraval, Alain De La Mata|
Wild Bunch S.A. is a French film distribution and international sales company, created in 2002. Originally a division of StudioCanal, the company has distributed and sold films such as Land of the Dead, Southland Tales, Woody Allen's Cassandra's Dream, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Whatever Works, and Steven Soderbergh's Che, The King's Speech, and The Artist. Wild Bunch is also the international seller of Studio Ghibli's works.
Wild Bunch is a film sales company and also a pan-European film distributor.
Wild Bunch also positioned itself on the digital distribution market through its VoD/SVoD subsidiary Filmo TV.
Apart from its international sales activities, Wild Bunch is also a direct distributor in Italy (BiM Distribuzione), in Germany (Wild Bunch Germany / Central Film) and in Spain (Vertigo Films).
Wild Bunch manages more than 1700 titles.
Major awards received by films distributed or sold by Wild Bunch
- The Artist by Michel Hazanavicius in 2012 : Best Picture for Thomas Langmann, Best Director for Michel Hazanavicius, Best Actor in a leading role for Jean Dujardin, Best Original Music Score for Ludovic Bource and Best Costume Design for Mark Bridges.
- The King's Speech by Tom Hooper in 2011 : Best Feature, Best Director for Tom Hooper, Best Actor in a leading role for Colin Firth and Best Original Screenplay.
- Pan's Labyrinth by Guillermo del Toro in 2007 : Best Art Direction and Best Cinematography.
- March of the Penguins by Luc Jacquet in 2006 : Best Documentary.
- Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki in 2003: Best Animated Feature.
- Blue Is the Warmest Colour by Abdellatif Kechiche in 2013: Palme d'Or.
- The Angels' Share by Ken Loach in 2012: Prix du Jury
- Beyond the Hills by Cristian Mungiu in 2012: Best Screenplay and Best Actresses for Cristina Flutur et Cosmina Stratan.
- The Kid with a Bike by Dardenne brothers in 2011: Grand Prix
- The Artist by Michel Hazanavicius en 2011 : Best Actor for Jean Dujardin.
- Poliss by Maïwenn in 2011 : Prix du Jury.
- Of Gods and Men by Xavier Beauvois in 2010 : Grand Prix du Jury.
- 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days by Cristian Mungiu in 2007 : Palme d'Or.
- Fahrenheit 9/11 by Michael Moore in 2004 : Palme d'Or.
- Old Boy by Park Chan-wook in 2004 : Grand Prix du Jury.
- At Five in the Afternoon by Samira Makhmalbaf in 2003 : Prix du jury.
- Chi-hwa-seon by Im Kwon-taek in 2002 : Best Cinematography.
- The Son's Room by Nanni Moretti in 2001 : Palme d'Or.
- Blackboards by Samira Makhmalbaf in 2000 : Prix du Jury.
- Mr. Nobody by Jaco Van Dormael in 2009 : Golden Osella
- The Wrestler by Darren Aronofsky in 2008 : Golden Lion.
- Golden Door by Emanuele Crialese in 2006 : Silver Lion.
- Mary by Abel Ferrara in 2005 : Special Jury Prize.
- The Magdalene Sisters by Peter Mullan in 2002 : Golden Lion.
- The Wayward Cloud by Tsai Ming-liang in 2005 : Siver Bear of Outstanding Artistic Achievement.
- Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki in 2003: Golden Bear.