|Created by||Rob Dyrdek|
|Developed by||Christian Duguay|
|Voices of||Rob Dyrdek
Sterling "Steelo" Brim (Season 1)
Lee Harrell (Season 2)
Chelsea Chanel Dudley
|Theme music composer||Jaco Caraco
Todd M. Schultz
|Composer(s)||Anna M. Rice|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (39 segments) (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Rob Dyrdek
|Producer(s)||Juan Cruz Baldassarre
Siobhan Ni Ghadhra
|Running time||22 minutes (2 11 minute segments)|
|Production company(s)||Home Plate Entertainment
Four Down Productions
|Distributor||The MoonScoop Group|
|Original run||April 27, 2012 – present|
Rob Dyrdek's Wild Grinders, also known simply as Wild Grinders, is an animated television series airing on Nickelodeon's sister channel Nicktoons. The series is created by, produced by, and loosely based on the life of professional skateboarder and reality TV star Rob Dyrdek, with distribution by Moonscoop. It made its second broadcast on U.S. television on April 27, 2012. Various animated shorts featuring the Wild Grinders characters had previously been seen and continues to be seen on Kabillion, a video on demand channel and streaming video website partially owned by Moonscoop.
On August 1, 2013, Rob Dyrdek confirmed a second season with 26 episodes which premiered on Nicktoons on December 23, 2013.
Rob Dyrdek partnered with Teletoon to create a Halloween special, which aired on October 24, 2013, on Teletoon.
The skateboard themed series features the crazy hijinks and shenanigans of an energetic and thrill seeking skate-boarding pre-teen Lil' Rob (based on the series's creator) and his best friends: Meaty, a bulldog with a hip edge (based on Meaty, a dog that the real Rob Dyrdek owns); Goggles, Rob's nerdy but loyal and kind-hearted best friend; and a host of other zany kids from the neighborhood, as well as Lil' Rob’s majestic parents and older teenage sister.
- Lil Rob (voiced by Rob Dyrdek) - Lil Rob is the titular character and the leader of the Wild Grinders. He is an upbeat pre-adolescent with an adventurous personality, and infinitely never surrenders from his rival, Stubford Hucksterball. His aliases include Kid Voltage and Agent Supernova. Rob is the lead singer of the Backside Grinders.
- Meaty (voiced by Sterling "Steelo" Brim (season 1), Lee Harrell (season 2)) - Lil Rob's anthropomorphic British bulldog. He favors eating burritos, bacon, and especially the extinct Stinkies products. He's also known for being the Backside Grinders drummer, Meat-Borg and Agent MeatBag. In the pilot episodes, Meaty didn't talk.
- Goggles (voiced by Yuri Lowenthal) - Lil Rob's nerdy and loyal friend. He is the cameraman of both the Wild and Backside Grinders and the major inventor, but he can be forgetful of anything that the Grinders want significant. Known as Goggle Lad and Agent Whiz Kid. In the pilots, he rarely spoke but when he did, his voice was deeper. He's also the weakest skater, confirmed in "Swaggerless".
- Emo Crys (voiced by Cam Clarke) - The poetic and sensitive of the Wild Grinders. Emo Crys is frequently a skate artist. He sometimes goes "girl-crazy". Known as cowbell player and Emo Scissor Clippers. The pilot episodes showed him portrayed by Yuri Lowenthal (uncredited), instead of Cam Clarke (Emo Crys is shown having a slightly high pitched tone), and he was Lil Rob's best friend instead of Goggles.
- Jay Jay (voiced by Kel Mitchell) - An intelligent hipster. He was portrayed to have mysophobia. He's the Backside Grinders' keyboard player. In the pilot episodes, Jay Jay in known to be Lil Rob's friend, instead of Goggles.
- Jack Knife (voiced by Yuri Lowenthal) - A dull kid with a big heart. He and his family runs a circus in Sprawl City. He plays electric guitar in the band which he initially used as a saxophone. In the pilots, Jack Knife didn't have his southern accent.
- Spitball (voiced by Yuri Lowenthal) - The silent type and dubbed as Street Ninja. He's the Backside bass player. He only spoke Spanish in the pilots.
- Stubford Hucksterball (voiced by Erin Fitzgerald) - The main antagonist of the entire series. He is a child with a short height, but summons his mechanical stalls to make him taller than the Grinders. He frequently aliases Lil Rob as "Lil Slob". He made no appearances prior to the show's official debut.
- Flipz (voiced by Chanel West Coast) - The only female skater in the Wild Grinders. She tends to challenge Lil Rob to S.K.A.T.E. in most of her appearances.
- Denise (voiced by Erin Fitzgerald) – Lil' Rob's older sister who most of the time annoys Lil' Rob and the Grinders. She often calls the Wild Grinders (as well as other skaters) "weenies". She has a crush on a boy name Freddie, although he too is a skater.
- Lackey (Yuri Lowenthal) or Officer Lackowski, as he prefers, is Stubford's rent-a-cop sidekick hired by Track to keep Stubford out of his hair. Lackey is very dimwitted
- Gene (voiced by Rob Dyrdek) – Lil' Rob's father. Lil' Rob always calls Gene by his first name instead of calling him "Dad".
- Patty (voiced by Erin Fitzgerald) – Lil' Rob's mother. She does not like the shows she sees (she is repeatedly seen watching a show, then saying "Aww, I hate this show."). She is also secretly a secret agent called Agent Capricorn.
- Track Hucksterball (voiced by Cam Clarke) – Stubford's wealthy father who is always trying to exploit or make the Wild Grinders famous.
- Chip Fligginton (voiced by Kel Mitchell) – A famous web personality who's always there when a star is to be born and often helps take of advantage the situation.
- Queen of Moronico (voiced by Kel Mitchell) – She is the queen of the fictional country of Moronico and is very protective of her son and believes in status quos.
- Prince of Moronico (voiced by Yuri Lowenthal) – The prince of Moronico who looks exactly like Jack Knife. The only differences between him and Jack Knife are his accent, he has a gold tooth while Jack Knife has a gap and the fact that he does not know how to skate.
- Jankins (voiced by Cam Clarke) – The royal butler to the royal family and follows orders from Queen unquestioned and often does things for people instead of allowing to do it like practice skating in the prince's place.
- Freddie (voiced by Cam Clarke) – The desire of Denise's affection and also runs the Taco truck. He is also a skater, like Lil' Rob.
- Captain Grindstar (voiced by Tracy Tubera) - Goggles' superhero idol.
- Agents 1 and Agent 2- Two black ops agents who work for Area 52 they often conspire take over or destroy the world.
- Mr. Sprinkles (unknown) is Flips' pet wiener dog and Meaty's rival in pawjitsu. He usually causes trouble when the Grinders least expect it.
- Squeak (voiced by Yuri Lowenthal) is a character who debuted in "Emo's Mystery Girl" where he seems to have met the Grinders prior to that episode. According to Jay Jay, Squeak is a poser and a huge liar.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||April 27, 2012||October 18, 2013|
|2||26||December 23, 2013||TBA|
- "Bubble Gum Interactive rolls out Wild Grinders app". Retrieved 12 June 2014.
|last1=in Authors list (help)