Wild Horses (US country band)
Michael Blake Mahler
|Past members||Joe Lee Koenig|
Wild Horses is an American country music band composed of Lon Holland (accordion, percussion), Steve Kellough (bass guitar), Michael Blake Mahler (lead guitar, vocals), Ralph McCauley (drums), Angela Rae (lead vocals), and Chris Sigmon (Dobro). Mahler and Rae are husband and wife, and guitarist Joe Lee Koenig was formerly a member.
Founded in 1989 in the state of Texas, the band signed to Epic Records in 2002, releasing their debut single "I Will Survive" that year. The song went on to peak at No. 46 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) charts, and was included on a compilation album entitled Dancin' with Thunder, which was issued in association with Professional Bull Riders. An album, Frontier Free for All, was released in 2003 on Persimmon Records.
|Frontier Free for All||
|2001||"I Will Survive"||46||Dancin' with Thunder|
|2003||"You Gotta Ride"||—||Frontier Free for All|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|2001||"I Will Survive"|
- "Wild Horses: About Us". WildHorses.com. Archived from the original on 2008-07-06. Retrieved 2008-03-28.
- "Country and blues take center stage at BBQ showdown". Rend Lake College. 2005-06-03. Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 462. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Featured band: Wild Horses". Prime Source Entertainment. Retrieved 2008-03-03.[dead link]
- Huenke, Trisha. "CD Review: Dancin' With Thunder - Various Artists". About.com. Retrieved 2008-03-28.