|Origin||Blacksburg, Virginia, USA|
|Genres||Indie rock, indie pop, dream pop, post-punk revival, shoegazing|
|Associated acts||Jack and the Whale, FACEPAINT|
Wild Nothing is an American indie rock/dream pop band from Blacksburg, Virginia, formed in late 2009 by Jack Tatum. During live performances, Tatum is joined by additional musicians, currently Nathan Goodman (guitar), Jeff Haley (bass), Kevin Knight (keyboards) and Jeremiah Johnson (drums).
Jack Tatum (whose full name is John Alexander Tatum) previously played in bands Jack and the Whale and FACEPAINT in the college town of Blacksburg. He began recording under the name Wild Nothing in the summer of 2009. Emerging at a time when a handful of C86-esque groups were in vogue, Tatum's demos garnered attention in indie music circles with a cover of Kate Bush's "Cloudbusting."  Tatum signed with the Captured Tracks record label after the success of these demos and began touring with bassist Jeff Haley, guitarist Nathan Goodman and drummer Max Brooks.
Wild Nothing's first single, "Summer Holiday," was released on Captured Tracks in 2009, followed by "Cloudbusting." The band's debut full-length, Gemini, was released in the spring of 2010. Gemini was ranked 49th best album of 2010 by Pitchfork Media and 36th best album of 2010 by Amazon.com Music Editors. Blogcritics wrote, "While I wasn't totally convinced with Gemini as a whole, I adored it in chunks".
Followup EP Golden Haze was released in October 2010.
Wild Nothing released their second album, Nocturne, on August 28, 2012. The album, released via Captured Tracks, was well received critically and commercially, debuting at No. 1 on both the Billboard New Artist & Alternative New Artist charts, receiving "Best New Music" from Pitchfork, and receiving top slots on the year-end lists of Under the Radar and iTunes Alternative.
On October 7, 2014, Wild Nothing announced the production of their third studio album. 
Founding member and songwriter Jack Tatum records Wild Nothing's albums and EPs alone, and is subsequently joined by the other members for live performances. In 2013, Tatum stated: "I’m not really sure what we are at this point. It’s a weird grey area. On the road, it definitely feels like a band; the live show’s all about how we individually interpret the songs I made – there’s five different takes on them. But the records are all me. Gemini was all me, and so was Nocturne, save for the drums."
- Jeff Haley - bass guitar
- Nathan Goodman - guitar
- Jeremiah Johnson - drums
- Kevin Knight - keyboards
- Michael Skattum - drums
- Max Brooks - drums
- Clay Violand - bass guitar
- Dane Chadwick - bass guitar
- Evertide (2010), Warmest Chord
- Golden Haze (2010), Captured Tracks
- Empty Estate (2013), Captured Tracks
- "Summer Holiday" (2009), Captured Tracks (CT-035)
- "Cloudbusting" (2009), Captured Tracks (CT-049)
- "Nowhere" (2012), Captured Tracks (CT-137)
- "Shadow" (2012), Captured Tracks (CT-157)
- "All Music
- "Pitchfork’s Top 50 Albums Of 2010". Stereogum. 2010-12-17. Retrieved 2012-09-08.
- "Amazon Music Editor's Top 50 Albums of the Year (So Far)"
- "Music Review: Wild Nothing - Gemini - Blogcritics Music". Blogcritics.org. 2010-06-10. Retrieved 2012-09-08.
- "Congratulations to Wild Nothing...". Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- Cohen, Ian. "Wild Nothing: Nocturne". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Under the Radar's Top 100 Albums of 2012". Under the Radar. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Thanks iTunes...". Retrieved 5 June 2013.