Wild River Review
Wild River Review is an online magazine that publishes in-depth reporting, works of literature, art, visual art, reviews, interviews, and columns by and about contemporary artists, photographers, and writers. Founded in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, the magazine has been operating since 2006 under the direction of founder and editor in chief Joy E. Stocke. Kim Nagy serves as executive editor.
Literary events and featured artists
The writers and editors at Wild River Review have participated in various literary events and festivals, including Quark Park and Poet’s Alley (both held in Princeton, New Jersey) and the PEN World Voices: Festival of International Literature in New York City.
Coverage of a Lindisfarne Association Symposium, founded by cultural philosopher William Irwin Thompson and held in Santa Fe, New Mexico, is collected in a section called "Scenes from a Symposium" and includes blogged snapshots of Mary Catherine Bateson, Ralph Abraham, Roshi Joan Halifax, and others.
In 2007 WRR covered Michael D. Fay's Fire and Ice: Marine Corps Combat Art From Afghanistan and Iraq, and photographer Suzanne Opton's The Soldier, exhibited in 2007 at the James A. Michener Art Museum.
The Wild River's series about Abu Ghraib prisoner torture and abuse began publication in August 2007. “The Other Side of Abu Ghraib—the Detainees’ Quest for Justice” examined the event through the lenses of lawyers Susan Burke and Shereef Akeel, torture victim testimony, the healing experiences of a yoga teacher, and was highlighted with artwork by Daniel Heyman.
In 2009, WRR began covering LIVE from the NYPL hosted by Paul Holdengraber. In 2011, Joy E. Stocke and Kim Nagy interviewed Holdengraber: The Afterlife of Conversation - http://www.wildriverreview.com/Literature/Paul-Holdengraber/Rolex-Arts-Weekend/Live-From-the-NYPL/Afterlife-of-Conversation/November-2011 In 2013, Stocke covered Holdengraber's compelling interview with micro historian Carlo Ginzburg - The Euphoria of Ignorance: Being Jewish, Becoming Jewish, The Paradox of Being Carlo Ginzburg - http://www.wildriverreview.com/LIVE-FROM-NYPL/The-Euphoria-of-Ignorance/Carlo-Ginzburg-and-Paul-Holdengraber/Joy-E-Stocke
- Stocke, Joy E. (August 4, 2007). "Scenes from a Symposium: A Rare and Wondrous Gathering". Wild River Review. Retrieved 13 September 2011.
- Stocke, Joy (May 2008). "PEN WORLD VOICES - INTERVIEW - PER PETTERSON: Language Within Silence". Wild River Review. Retrieved 13 September 2011.
- Nagy, Kim; Joy Stocke. "ART - INTERVIEW - Suzanne Opton and Michael Fay - The Human Face of War". Wild River Review. Retrieved 13 September 2011.
- Stocke, Joy; Kim Nagy (February 9, 2011). "MIDDLE EAST - The Other Side Of Abu Ghraib — Part One: The Detainees’ Quest For Justice". Wild River Review. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- Stocke, Joy; Kim Nagy (July 27, 2011). "WORLD - MIDDLE EAST - The Other Side of Abu Ghraib - Part Two: The Yoga Teacher Goes to Istanbul". Wild River Review. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- Stocke, Joy. "BOOKS - INTERVIEW - Orhan Pamuk - The Melancholy Life". Wild River Review. Retrieved 14 September 2011.