Wild Side (Mötley Crüe song)
|Single by Mötley Crüe|
|from the album Girls, Girls, Girls|
|Writer(s)||Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee, Vince Neil|
|Mötley Crüe singles chronology|
Sixx had written the song during the most dangerous part of his heroin addiction. He mentioned this in The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rockstar.
The time signature of the song is a basic 4/4 time signature. In the intro it switches from 4/4 to 2/4. The chorus the time signature changes from 4/4 to 2/4 on the chorus. For the verse the time signature is 4/4 which uses power chords A5, D5, G5, and C5. In the chorus, for the lyric, "Take a ride on the", the time signature changes to 2/4. For the bridge and outro, the time signature changes to 12/8 which uses Power chords C5, A5, and D5.
The song does not have a true guitar solo. There are only some melodic lead guitar lines.
On the Guitar Tuning, they often used Tune-Down Whole-Step from standard E-A-D-G-B-E to D-G-C-F-A-D as their own set of discretion.
The song has been a staple at live concerts and has not been left off the setlist since its release. It is usually accompanied by a tremendous amount of pyrotechnics, and is always a crowd pleaser. As the song does not have a guitar solo, a 'drum solo' is used when Tommy Lee plays in a suspended, rotating drum cage over the crowd. The video for this song was recorded on July 18, 1987 in Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, Indiana.
In other media
- It appears in Like Father Like Son.
- It appears in Rock Star.
- It appears in Friday Night Lights.
- It appears in episode "Performance Review" of The Office.
- It appears in Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned on the station Liberty Rock.
- It appears in the second trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned.
- It appears in the documentary Dale about Dale Earnhardt.
- Mötley Crüe performed it on a 1998 episode of WWF Raw is War, along with the stable D-Generation X.