|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2010)|
|Founder||John Gregory Betancourt and Kim Betancourt|
|Country of origin||USA|
|Headquarters location||Rockville, Maryland|
|Publication types||Books, Magazines|
|Fiction genres||speculative fiction|
Wildside Press is an independent publishing company located in Maryland, USA. It was founded in 1989 by John Betancourt and Kim Betancourt. While the press was originally conceived as a publisher of speculative fiction in both trade and limited editions, its focus has broadened since then, both in content and format; it now publishes mysteries and nonfiction, as well as eBooks and magazines. Wildside Press has published approximately 10,000 books through print on demand and traditional means.
The company has published work by a number of contemporary writers, including Lloyd Biggle, Jr., Alan Dean Foster, Paul Di Filippo, Esther Friesner, S. T. Joshi, Snowdon King, Paul Levinson, Nick Mamatas, Brian McNaughton, Vera Nazarian, Paul Park, Tim Pratt, Stephen Mark Rainey, Alan Rodgers, Darrell Schweitzer, Lawrence Watt-Evans, and Chelsea Quinn Yarbro.
In addition to newer writers, the company works at keeping established older authors in print, such as James Branch Cabell, H. Rider Haggard, and Clark Ashton Smith, as well as lesser known scribes like R. A. Lafferty. The publisher also has a specialty reprint project, reproducing old issues of such pulp magazines as The Phantom Detective, Secret Agent X, and The Spider.
Wildside Press has also published Robert E. Howard's ten book series called Weird Works, which comprises Howard's entire body of work for the pulp magazine Weird Tales, restored to its original magazine texts.
- Adventure Tales
- Cat Tales: The Magazine of Fantastic Feline Fiction
- H. P. Lovecraft's Magazine of Horror
- Strange Tales
- Underworlds: The Magazine of Noir and Dark Suspense
- "Cosmos Books / Wildside Press - Bibliography". ISFDB.org. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- Scithers, George H., ed. (April 12, 2013). Cat Tales: Fantastic Feline Fiction (paperback ed.). Wildside Press. ASIN B00CC4382O.
- Scithers, George H., ed. (April 16, 2010). Cat Tales 2: Fantastic Feline Fiction (1st ed.). Wildside Press. ISBN 978-1434409126.
|This Maryland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|