He was elected at Member of Parliament (MP) for Member of Parliament (MP) for Stourbridge at a by-election in February 1927, having unsuccessfully contested the seat in 1923 and 1924. He was re-elected in 1929, but at the 1931 general election he was defeated by the Conservative Party candidate. Wellock stood again at the 1935 election, but did not regain his seat.
He was a prolific pamphleteer.
Wellock's work was admired by Aldous Huxley, who stated in his book Science, Liberty and Peace that Wellock and Ralph Borsodi's work constituted a "tiny piece of decentralist leaven" within the "whole large lump of contemporary society".
- Wellock, Wilfred (1917). A Modern Idealist. [A novel.] (London : C. W. Daniel)
- Wellock, Wilfred (1921). Christian Communism, etc. (pp. 43. National Labour Press: Manchester)
- Wellock, Wilfred (1922). India's Awakening, its national and world-wide significance. (pp. 69. Labour Publishing Co.: London)
- Wellock, Wilfred (1938). Destruction or Construction-Which? An open letter to members of the Labour Party, (pp. 11. Peace Pledge Union: London])
- Wellock, Wilfred (1943). A Mechanistic or a Human Society?. (pp. 32. Wilfred Wellock: Quinton)
- Wellock, Wilfred (1950). Gandhi as a social revolutionary (Birmingham : W. Wellock)
- Wellock, Wilfred (1951). The Challenge of our Times. Annihilation or creative revolution? (pp. 15. London)
- Wellock, Wilfred (1955). Not by Bread alone. A study of America's expanding economy. [(pp. 16. Housmans: London)
- Wellock, Wilfred (1961). Off the beaten track : adventures in the art of living.
- Wellock, Wilfred (c. 1961). The crisis in our civilisation : reorganisation by industry a key to world peace, (London : Society for Democratic Integration in Industry)
- Wellock, Wilfred. Youth and adventure: on which side shall I enlist?
- Wellock, Wilfred. Power or peace western industrialism and world leadership
- Wellock, Wilfred. Rebuilding Britain. A new peace orientation. (pp. 47. Hallmark Books: London)
- "House of Commons constituencies beginning with "S" (part 5)". Leigh Rayment's House of Commons pages. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- Craig, F. W. S. (1983) . British parliamentary election results 1918–1949 (3rd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. p. 503. ISBN 0-900178-06-X.
- Huxley, Aldous. Science, Liberty and Peace, London, Chatto and Windus, 1946, p. 43.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Wilfred Wellock
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Stourbridge
1927 – 1931
|This article about a Labour Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|