Bony with Côte d'Ivoire in 2012
|Full name||Wilfried Guemiand Bony|
|Date of birth||10 December 1988|
|Place of birth||Bingerville, Côte d'Ivoire|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Cyrille Domoraud Football Academy|
|2007–2008||→ Sparta Prague B (loan)||14||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 May 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Early life 
He spent most of his childhood in city of Tebrau, raised in Plateau city and then in Abobo PK18. He started with street football called "Maracana", interschool matches and city competitions, then spent three years at the Cyrille Domoraud football Academy located in the city of Bingerville.
Issia Wazi 
Bony started his professional career at Issia Wazi in the Côte d'Ivoire Premier Division and played in the CAF Champions League. He was on trial at Liverpool in 2007 but was not offered a contract.
Sparta Prague 
In October 2007, Bony joined Sparta Prague on a loan deal and started playing for the reserve team. With Sparta Prague B he won the Bohemian Football League. Bony was signed on a permanent deal and joined the first team where he scored 22 goals in 59 matches. He won the Gambrinus Liga and the Czech Republic Football Supercup with Sparta in 2010.
On 30 January 2011, Bony signed a three-and-a-half year contract with Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem before scoring on his debut. In his first full season with the Dutch club, he netted on twelve occasions in the Eredivisie, earning the top goalscoring honors for the club and was tied for tenth highest scorer in the league. In February 2012, Bony signed a contract extension, keeping him until 2015, ending transfer speculation.
Bony made his first appearance of the 2012–13 Eredivisie campaign for Vitesse on 12 August 2012 in a 2–2 draw with ADO Den Haag at the GelreDome, equalizing for the hosts less than a minute after Tjaronn Chery had put ADO in front. Bony scored a 90th minute winner over Rotterdam club Feyenoord on 2 September, to earn the club its third win from the first four league games. On 6 October 2012, Bony scored a hat-trick as Vitesse came back from a goal down three times to draw 3–3 with Heerenveen.
In Vitesse's 0–2 upset of Ajax on 3 November, Bony scored both goals, helping Vitesse to six away wins in a row and the club's first win at the Amsterdam Arena since 2001. Bony added two more goals to his account in Vitesse's 4–1 defeat of NEC Nijmegen on 18 November, earning Vitesse just their second home win of the season as NEC had three men sent off. On 25 November Vitesse travelled to Eindhoven to face league leaders PSV; Bony scored a late winner to put Vitesse on 31 points, level with second place FC Twente.
On 9 February 2013, Bony returned from his participation in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations to face PSV and once again scored twice, securing a 2–2 draw. On 23 February, Bony scored a hat-trick to send Vitesse to a 5–3 victory over Heracles Almelo. This meant that he had scored 15 goals in 10 consecutive Eredivisie matches.
|2007–08||Sparta Prague B||ČFL||14||2|
|2008–09||Sparta Prague||Gambrinus Liga||16||3|
|2009–10||Sparta Prague||Gambrinus Liga||29||9|
|2010–11||Sparta Prague||Gambrinus Liga||14||10|
Updated 13 May 2013
There is some confusion about his first name and family name. His father's name is Amedee Shemiz Bony, so his first name is Wilfried and the family name is Bony.
- 2006: Winner Côte d'Ivoire Cup
- 2007: Runner-up Côte d'Ivoire Cup
- 2008: Winner Bohemian Football League
- 2010: Winner Gambrinus Liga
- 2010: Winner Czech Republic Football Supercup
- bonywilfried.com, by Archive.org
- Bony adds weight to Sparta challenge, UEFA.com, 30 November 2010
- "Sparta strengthened Bonny Wilfried (in Czech:Spartu posílil Bonno Wilfried)" (in Czech). AC Sparta Prague Official Website. 24 October 2007. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Vitesse snap up Wilfried". Sky Sports. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- Vitesse haalt Valerica Gaman en Wilfried Bony - Vitesse
- "Topscorers Eredivisie". EredivisieLive. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Bony commits to Vitesse". Sky Sports. 24 February 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Vitesse Arnhem 2 - 2 ADO Den Haag". ESPNFC. 12 August 2012.
- "Vitesse 1 - 0 Feyenoord". ESPNFC. 2 September 2012.
- "Vitesse en Heerenveen in spektakelstuk naar 3-3". Vitesse Arnhem. 6 October 2012.
- "4 November 2012". AFC Ajax.
- "Match Vitesse - NEC | Season 2012/2013". Eredivisie Live. 18 November 2012.
- "Vitesse pile pressure on to PSV". ESPNFC. 25 November 2012.
- "Eredivisie wrap: PSV slip up at Vitesse". Soccerway. 9 February 2013. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Wedstrijdverslag Heracles Almelo - Vitesse | Seizoen 2012/2013". Eredivisie Live. 23 February 2013.
- "9. Wilfried Bony". eredivisielive.nl. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "28 th Orange Africa Cup of Nations- GABON-GUINEE EQUATORIALE 2012 21st January to 12th February 2012". CAF. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Sparťan Bony čeká v Africe na slávu. Reprezentace? Prý příští rok". iDnes. Retrieved 3 June 2010.
- Wilfried Bony Gambrinus liga statistics at Fotbal DNES (Czech)
- Sparta Profile
- Wilfried Bony at National-Football-Teams.com