Platform of the Wilhelmsburg station, view from pedastrian bridge in March 2009.
|Line(s)|| Hamburg S-Bahn
|Parking||Park and ride|
|Electrified||1200 volts DC system
|Station code||ds100: AWFS
DB station code: 2523
|Owned by||DB Station&Service|
|Fare zone||108, 208|
Wilhelmsburg station is a station on the Harburg S-Bahn line and is served by the rapid transit trains on the Hamburg S-Bahn network. The railway station is located in the quarter Wilhelmsburg in the Hamburg-Mitte borough of the city of Hamburg, Germany.
The station is listed as a Bf (Bahnhof) (train station), a place where trains may start, end or change directions, and that has at least one set of points. The station is managed by DB Station&Service, a subsiary of the German railway Deutsche Bahn.
The Cöln-Mindener Eisenbahn started its service on the Rollbahn line on December 1, 1897. In 1983 — after 10 years of construction, the first part of Hamburg's southern S-Bahn line from Central Station toward Harburg were completed and opened with the new Wilhelmsburg station.
Facilities at the station
|Preceding station||Hamburg S-Bahn||Following station|
- Fare Zone Plan, Hamburger Verkehrsverbund, retrieved 2009-03-18
- Liste Bahnhofskategorie 2008 (pdf), DB Station&Service AG, Köthener Straße 2, 10963 Berlin (2008) (German)
- Höltge, Dieter; Kochems, Michael (2008), Straßen- und Stadtbahnen in Deutschland, Band (in German), 11: Hamburg, Freiburg: EisenbahnKurier, p. 251, ISBN 978-3-88255-392-5
- Borchers, Heimann, Pischek, p. 273
- DB station information, see external links
- Borchers, Jan; Heimann, Martin; Pischek, Wolfgang (2002), Die Hamburg S-Bahn (in German), Munich: GeraMond, p. 50, ISBN 3-7654-7191-7
- Network plan HVV, see external links
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to S-Bahn stations in Hamburg.|