|Born||1973 (age 40–41)
London, United Kingdom
|Genres||Rock, blues, jazz|
|Associated acts||GLYDA, Will Johns Band|
Will Johns (born 22 March 1973, London) is an English blues rock singer and guitarist. Leading the Will Johns Band he has performed with many renowned artists such as Joe Strummer, Ronnie Wood, Jack Bruce and Bill Wyman. Will Johns is the son of record producer Andy Johns and nephew to Glyn Johns.
Will was born in London in 1973 to actress Paula Boyd and record producer Andy Johns. He first started playing guitar at age fifteen and was encouraged by Eric Clapton. He went on to study performing arts in Oxford where he formed his first band, Cloud 9.
He then moved to L.A where band GLYDA was formed with Jesse Wood and Tramper Price. Johns returned to England during the mid-noughties and formed the Will Johns Band.In 2008, Johns moved to Brighton and the Will Johns Band released its first album, Count on Me, in the following year. His second album, Hooks and Lines, was released three years later through Big Bear Records.
- Count On Me (2009)
- Hooks and Lines (2012)
- "Big Bear Records Agency Page".
- "The Will John Band - Hooks & Lines". Morning Star. 10 September 2012. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Andy Johns Interview". BalconyTV.com. YouTube. 3 February 2011. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- Bacon, Peter (13 July 2012). "Will Johns play's at Birmingham's Brasshouse". Birmingham Post. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Will Johns Band". Blues on the Farm. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "The Will Johns Band @ The Garden House, Saturday 14th July 2012". The Hearing Aid. 16 July 2012. Retrieved 10 November 2012.