||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)|
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2009)|
|Dr. William Terence Kirby, D.O., FAOCD - Board Certified Dermatologist|
|Born||citation needed]January 2, 1973 [|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Television||Big Brother 2 (Winner),
Big Brother: All-Stars (4th)
William Terence "Will" Kirby (born January 2, 1973) is an osteopathic physician, a board certified dermatologist and an American television personality. He was the winner of the American reality television show Big Brother 2 and also appeared on multiple seasons of "Dr. 90210" and "The Doctors".
Born in Florence, Italy, Kirby went to kindergarten in Paris, France and spent considerable time in his youth in Tallahassee, Florida where he graduated high school from Florida State University High School (colloquially "Florida High"). In 1995, Kirby received his degree in Biology from Emory University. He obtained his degree Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from Nova Southeastern University in 2000 and did his first year of postgraduate training in Internal medicine at Mount Sinai Medical Center & Miami Heart Institute in Miami Beach, Florida in 2001. His dermatology residency training, which he completed in 2007, took place in association with Western University of Health Sciences/Pacific Hospital of Long Beach where he served as Chief Resident in the Department of Dermatology.
After winning CBS's Big Brother 2 in 2001, Kirby briefly served as a medical correspondent for Extra! magazine. He appeared in an episode of The Young and the Restless in late October 2006. He was also heavily featured on two seasons of the E! Channel television series Dr. 90210 and made appearances on episodes of LA Ink, Chelsea Lately (August 2008), Reality Bites Back (September 2008), and Reality Obsessed (October 2008). Kirby also co-hosted Yo on E! on several occasions during 2008. Additionally, Kirby has made several appearances on The Doctors as himself, during 2008 and 2009 and 2012. On December 13, 2008, Kirby appeared on the weekend edition of E! News, discussing poll percentage ratings and the comparison of celebrity body parts. On March 6, 2011, Kirby appeared in the sixth season premiere of The Real Housewives of Orange County where he supervised a laser tattoo removal procedure received by housewife Tamra Barney. He has appeared on more than 35 television shows. 
Medical and Professional Career
Dr. Kirby is board certified in dermatology.
Kirby has a degree in Biology from Emory University. He received his medical degree from Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed his first year of postgraduate training in Internal Medicine at Mount Sinai Medical Center. His dermatology residency training took place in association with Western University/Pacific Hospital where he was honored by being selected to serve as Chief Resident in the Department of Dermatology.
Currently, Kirby serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Western University of Health Sciences and as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Dermatology, for Nova Southeastern University. He is also an expert reviewer for the Osteopathic Medical Board of California.
In addition to serving as a medical expert in legal cases involving laser tattoo removal, Kirby lectures frequently at national medical conventions on advanced laser tattoo removal techniques and he has published multiple tattoo removal articles in medical journals, including articles in The Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology and The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology. Kirby lectures frequently at national medical conventions on advanced laser tattoo removal techniques, publishes articles in peer reviewed medical journals and has the prestigious honor of serving on the editorial advisory board of popular dermatological publications including The Dermatologist and The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology. He has authored and co-authored multiple medical text book chapters regardng lasers and their implications.
A licensed osteopathic physician in the state of California since 2002, Kirby is recognized as a Fellow by the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. He is currently a member of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatologists (AOCD), the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), and in the past has held membership in the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) and the American Medical Association (AMA).
Kirby also served as the national spokesman for Neutrogena Dermatologics and appeared on QVC more than 100 times. .
- "Dr. WILL KIRBY, D.O., FAOCD Dr. of Beverly Hills, California - Dermatology Doctors". Fromyourdoctor.com. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- "Official Site of Will Kirby - Re:Statement from Will Kirby - July 1/11". WillKirby.com. 2011-07-01. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- Ravneet Ruby Kaur; William Kirby and Howard Maibach (2009). "Cutaneous allergic reactions to tattoo ink". Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology 8 (4): 295–300. doi:10.1111/j.1473-2165.2009.00469.x. PMID 19958434.
- William Kirby; Alpesh Desai; Tejas Desai; Francisca Kartono; Geeta Patel (2009). "The Kirby-Desai Scale: A Proposed Scale to Assess Tattoo-removal Treatments". Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology 2 (3): 32–37. PMC 2923953. PMID 20729941.
- Kirby W, Kartono F, Small R. (September 2011). "Chapter 30: Tattoo Removal with Lasers. Dermatologic and Cosmetic Procedures in Office Practice". ISBN 978-1-4377-0580-5
- Nouri K, Kirby W.(September 2011)."Chapter 30: Ethical Issues, Chapter 31: Medicolegal Issues (Documentation/Informed Consent)". ISBN 978-0-85729-280-3
- "'Big Brother' Star Delivers Own Baby, Gets Cash". TMZ.com. 2010-12-05. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- Messer, Lesley (2011-08-23). "Big Brother's Will Kirby Engaged". People.com. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- Will Kirby at the Internet Movie Database
- Biography by E! Online for Dr. 90210
|Big Brother U.S. winner
Season 2 (2001)