||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009)|
June 27, 1973 |
|Occupation||Novelist, Short Story Author|
|Genre||Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery|
Will Ludwigsen is an American writer of horror, mystery, and science fiction. His work has appeared in a number of magazines including Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine, Cemetery Dance, Weird Tales, and Strange Horizons as well as his first collection of short fiction, Cthulhu Fhtagn, Baby! and Other Cosmic Insolence.
Ludwigsen was born on 27 June 1973. He earned his Bachelor's Degree in English from the University of Florida in 1994, followed by a Master's in the same discipline at the University of North Florida in 2005. In 2006, he attended the Borderlands Boot Camp for horror writers and the Clarion East Writers Workshop. Currently, he is seeking a Master of Fine Arts degree from the University of Southern Maine Stonecoast MFA program.
His first accepted story, "Cthulhu Fhtagn, Baby!" appeared in Weird Tales in 2002. Since then, he's sold close to thirty short stories. He writes a regular column for the Horror World web site as well as a blog at his own site.
- "Cthulhu Fhtagn, Baby!": Spring 2002, Weird Tales
- "Nessmass": Spring 2002, Whispers From the Shattered Forum #11
- "Representative Sample": Summer 2002, Artemis Magazine
- "The Trespasser": 2002, Cemetery Dance #40
- "And Justice for Doll": September 2003, Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine
- "Bingo": May 2004, Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine
- "Rubbernecker's Lament": October 2004, Chiaroscuro
- "Soured": 2005, Horrorfind (Honorable Mention, Year's Best Fantasy and Horror #18, 2005)
- "Solidity": 2006, Travel Guide to the Haunted Mid-Atlantic (Honorable Mention, Year's Best Fantasy and Horror #20, 2007)
- Cthulhu Fhtagn, Baby! and Other Cosmic Insolence: 2007, Lethe Press
- "Faraji": April/May 2007, Weird Tales
- "My Old Man's Seance": June/July 2007, Weird Tales
- "All Talk": March 2008, Strange Horizons
- "In Search Of": June 2008, Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine
- "A Good Psycho is Hard to Find": 2008, Blood Lite
- "Remembrance is Something Like a House": 2009, Interfictions 2
- "The Speed of Dreams": March 2010, Asimov's Science Fiction
- Lundin, Leigh (2011-03-20). "Where There's a Will". Guest Authors. Criminal Brief.
- Will Ludwigsen website
- HorrorWorld column archives
- Will Ludwigsen at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database