Will Mellor in September 2012
3 April 1976
Bredbury, Greater Manchester
|Spouse(s)||Michelle McSween (m. 2007)|
William Mellor (born 3 April 1976) is an English actor, who has played Jambo Bolton in Hollyoaks, Jack Vincent in "Casualty", Gaz Wilkinson in Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps and Ollie Curry in White Van Man.
Mellor first came to the public's attention in 1990, when he played Ben Rowlingson in the children's programme Children's Ward. In 1995, Mellor joined the cast of the soap opera Hollyoaks and played James "Jambo" Bolton until 1998. He had a cameo as Jambo in a Christmas edition of Hollyoaks. He released a cover of Leo Sayer's "When I Need You", which reached number 5 in the UK Singles Chart, as well as a follow-up single called "No Matter What I Do", which reached number 23. He also made an appearance in the music video for Boyzone's Comic Relief single "When the Going Gets Tough".
Shortly after, Mellor appeared as Greg in Is Harry on the Boat?. He played Jack Vincent in Casualty from 2001 to 2003, and starred as Gaz Wilkinson in the comedy Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps from 2001 to 2011. Mellor starred as "Barmpot" in the postal worker drama Sorted, and played DC Jed Griffiths in the second series of Murder Investigation Team.
In 2004, he provided the voice for Georgie the dog in the CITV series Barking!. He played a gay man called Tom in the second series of The Street. Mellor won the first series of the BBC singing contest Comic Relief does Fame Academy in 2003. He made his EastEnders debut on 20 May 2007, playing womanising salesman Warren Stamp.
Mellor was a guest star in the BBC fantasy drama Merlin. In October 2008, he starred in The Prisoner, a documentary about prison life. Mellor portrayed Chris in the British horror thriller film The Reeds. Mellor did a brief stint on children's television channel CBeebies, in which he read books for the audience. In 2011, he starred in the BBC Three comedy White Van Man and the BBC One drama Waterloo Road.
From 2011 to 2012, he played Liam Flynn in the BBC One comedy series In with the Flynns. Mellor had a guest role in the final episode of the BBC Three comedy series Mongrels. In 2013, he played Steve Connolly in the ITV detective drama Broadchurch.
Mellor has pursued a career in modelling, notably for Topman.
Mellor had a high-profile relationship with Coronation Street actress Angela Griffin. He met his wife, dancer Michelle McSween, when the pair starred in the stage musical Oh, What a Night in 1999. The couple married in 2007, and have two children: Jayden Will, born in 2004, and Renee, born in 2008.
|1995–1998||Hollyoaks||James "Jambo" Bolton|
|2001–2011||Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps||Gaz Wilkinson|
|Hollyoaks||James "Jambo" Bolton|
|2011||Waterloo Road||Dan Hargrove|
|2011–2012||White Van Man||Ollie Curry|
|In with the Flynns||Liam Flynn|
|2014||In the Club||Rick|
- All Star Family Fortunes (2011) - Contestant
- All Star Mr & Mrs (5 June 2013) - Contestant
- Big Star's Little Star (4 September 2013) - Contestant
- I Love My Country (28 September 2013) - Guest
- Through the Keyhole - Homeowner
- "Will Mellor's 'White Van Man' lands second series". Alex Fletcher. Digital Spy. May 26, 2011. Retrieved July 6, 2011.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 360. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Mellor wins Fame Academy". 15 March 2003. Retrieved July 6, 2011.
- Trailer and Sales Art: The Reeds
- Horrorfest '10: After Dark Heading Deep Into 'The Reeds'
- "BBC One - Waterloo Road, Series 6, Episode 18". Bbc.co.uk. 2011-03-23. Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- "BBC One Cancels Comedy Series ‘In With The Flynns’". TV Wise. 30 October 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- Beacom, Brian (20 February 2001). "Star profile - Angela Griffin". Evening Times. (Newsquest). Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "WILL MELLOR ON MARRIAGE". People.co.uk. November 18, 2007. Retrieved July 6, 2011.
- Births England and Wales 1984-2006
- "Drama Faces - Will Mellor". Retrieved 2008-11-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Will Mellor.|
|Comic Relief Does Fame Academy Winner
Series 1 (2003)