William A. Jacobson
Jacobson is a 1981 graduate of Hamilton College and a 1984 graduate of Harvard Law School. He is Associate Clinical Professor of Law and Director of the Securities Law Clinic at Cornell Law School. Prior to joining the faculty, Jacobson was a litigator in Providence, Rhode Island.
Jacobson has "a national reputation as a leading practitioner in securities arbitration." His cases have been covered by The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, The Providence Journal, TheStreet.com, RegisteredRep.com, and Investment News.
Jacobson is also a conservative pundit. He has provided commentary on legal and political issues in The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Fox News, CBS Evening News, The Washington Times, The Providence Journal and Newsday, among others. He is also a contributor to Politico's Arena.
Legal Insurrection 
Jacobson is author of the law blog, Legal Insurrection. As of January 2011, Legal Insurrection was ranked number 24 in politics and number 67 overall by Technorati and number 7 for top legal blogs by Avvo. 
Jacobson's writing on Legal Insurrection has been referenced by The Atlantic Wire, The National Review, The Hill, New York Magazine's Daily Intel, The Christian Science Monitor,  The Boston Herald, Rush Limbaugh, The New York Times, Gothamist, CBS News, The Wall Street Journal, Investor's Business Daily, The Washington Times, AOL News, The Week, and others.
- Cornell University Faculty Biography - William A. Jacobson
- "Former Salomon Manager Wins $1.9 Million in Arbitration Case"
- "Galvin alleges Oppenheimer was lax in preventing fraud," The Boston Globe, 8/3/06
- "Broker accused of victimizing Mass. couple" The Providence Journal, 8/3/06
- "Oppenheimer Has Heart of Stone, Ethics of Putty" TheStreet.com, 7/10/07
- "Citigroup Wins Long, Strange CAP Battle" RegisteredRep.com, 10/4/06
- "SEC OKs Changes to Motion-To-Dismiss Rule" The Wall Street Journal, 1/8/09
- "Gay-Marriage Issue Awaits Court Pick" The Washington Post, 5/17/09
- "Obama's Agenda Stands to Lose as Furor Over Bush Years Intensifies" Fox News Online, 7/13/09
- "Finding Souter's Replacement" CBS Evening News, 5/17/09
- "Inside Politics" The Washington Times 5/14/09
- "Candidate claims political interference" The Providence Journal, 9/21/04
- "Big Brown co-owner linked to mid-'90s securities scandal" Newsday 5/29/08
- Contributor profile, The Arena
- Legal Insurrection author profile
- Technorati page for Legal Insurrection, 1/26/10
- Avvo -- Top Legal Blogs, 1/26/10
- "Evaluating Palin's Response to the Giffords Shooting," The Atlantic Wire, 1/11/11
- "Suspicions That Joe Is Yearning for Sarah to Punch Back," The National Review, 12/1/10
- "Kerry blames out-of-touch voters for Democrats' midterm image troubles," The Hill, 9/25/10
- "The Supreme Court Doesn’t Sout Him Anymore," New York Magazine's Daily Intel, 5/1/09
- "Even after 911 tape released in Gates case, questions linger," Christian Science Monitor
- "Sarah Palin circles around ol’ Mitt Romney," The Boston Herald, 11/30/10
- "Obama Wages War on Wall Street, Travels to New York to Finish It Off," Rush Limbaugh, 4/21/10
- "BlogTalk: Friends With (Corporate) Benefits," The New York Times -- The Caucus, 4/21/10
- "Debate Over Gawker's "Fair Use" Of Palin Book Excerpts," Gothamist, 11/22/10
- "Jones and the Jews: You Must be Kidding," CBS News, 4/26/10
- "Obama’s Authoritarian Style," The Wall Street Journal, 8/10/09
- "GOP Has A Shot In Mass. Senate Race; Win Could Block Health Care Overhaul," Investor's Business Daily 1/05/10
- "Inside Politics," The Washington Times, 5/14/09
- "Wide Range of Wall Street Reform Critics," AOL News, 4/22/10
- "Democrat candidate to Obama: 'Shove' your endorsement," The Week, 10/25/10
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|