William Addison, 4th Viscount Addison
In the House of Lords, Viscount Addison had sat as a Conservative peer until the House of Lords Act 1999 removed his automatic right to sit in the House. He stood for election as an elected hereditary peer (and therefore possessing the right to continue to sit), however he finished 47th amongst the Conservative peers  (a total of 42 Conservative peers were elected). He has stood in subsequent by-elections for election to the House, but to date has been unsuccessful.
Lord Addison married firstly Joanna Mary Dickinson on 10 October 1970, with whom he had the following children:
- Hon Sarah Louise Addison (b. 1971)
- Hon Paul Wand Addison (b. 1973)
- Hon Caroline Amy Addison (b. 1979)
He married secondly Lesley Ann Mawer, in 1991.
- http://www.election.demon.co.uk/lords.html url accessed 15 February 2007
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Viscount Addison
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|This biography of a viscount in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|