William Astor, 4th Viscount Astor
|William Waldorf Astor III|
|Born||27 December 1951|
|Spouse(s)||Annabel Lucy Veronica Jones
|Children||Flora Katherina Astor
William Waldorf Astor IV
James Jacob Astor
|Parents||William Waldorf Astor II
Sarah Kathleen Elinor Norton
|Alma mater||Eton College|
William Waldorf Astor III, 4th Viscount Astor (born 27 December 1951) is an English businessman and politician who sits as an elected hereditary peer in the House of Lords. He is a member of the Astor family.
William Waldorf III is the son of Viscount William Waldorf "Bill" Astor II (1907—1966) and Sarah Kathleen Elinor Norton (1920—2013). From his father's later marriages, he has three younger half-sisters: Emily (born 1956), Janet (born 1961), and Pauline (born 1964). From his mother's remarriage to Thomas Michael Baring, he has a younger half-brother named Edward Richard Philip Baring (born September 1962). He was educated at Eton College, and on 14 January 1976 married Annabel Lucy Veronica Jones, daughter of Timothy Angus Jones and Patricia David Pandora Clifford. They have three children:
- Flora Katherine Astor (born 7 June 1976)
- William Waldorf "Will" Astor IV (born 18 January 1979)
- James Jacob Astor (born 1981)
His heir is his elder son, Will, who married model Lohralee Stutz, daughter of Serge Alain Stutz and Michelle Bourdeau, at East Hendred, Oxfordshire on 5 September 2009. They have a son named William Waldorf Astor V (born 4 May 2012) and a daughter named Allegra Annabel Astor (born 14 August 2013).
Astor was a Lord-in-Waiting (a House of Lords whip) from 1990 to 1993. He was then made a Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department of Social Security. In 1994, he moved to the Department of National Heritage where he served until leaving the government in 1995.
Viscount Astor is presently Deputy Chairman of Silvergate Media Ltd and director of Networkers Plc (since 2007) and trustee of Stanley Spencer Gallery in Cookham.
|Ancestors of William Astor, 4th Viscount Astor|
- "Allegra Annabel Astor Birth Announcement". The Times. 21 August 2013.
- thePeerage.com - Person Page 7535
- "Founding Council | The Rothermere American Institute". Rothermere American Institute. Retrieved 2012-11-22.
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Current session contributions in Parliament at Hansard
- Voting record at PublicWhip.org
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou.com
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Viscount Astor
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
William Waldorf Astor II